My new Red Sea Max 650 S Build

David Shaw

I agree...regular cleaning is a must. Feel free to post a couple pics here of your 500. Is gorgeous!

Here you go then ... :)

IMG_0057-1.jpg

IMG_0055-1.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053-1.jpg

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Having Jen standing next to the tank certainly puts it all into perspective, it's a monster! If only I had the time and money sigh:).

steved13

PREMIUM
Marcye, you mentioned a coral...I think it was a yellow hologram hammer? I went back and couldn't find the post...but anyway I couldn't find anything on it. Do you have a pic of the one you have?

Marcye, you mentioned a coral...I think it was a yellow hologram hammer? I went back and couldn't find the post...but anyway I couldn't find anything on it. Do you have a pic of the one you have?

I LOVE Treasure Island. My daughter lived there for several years and I loved going over to visit!

I'm posting up a pic from when I first got the coral, but it looks nothing like this in my tank with the heavy actinic lighting. It's one of the most amazing pieces I've seen. It's now a buttercup yellow hammer with aqua, pink and purple highlights throughout (you can see hints of the colors even in this pic). Doesn't even seem real. It's a wall so it's not fraggable. I'm really hoping to find another for the tank but I've only seen two...I've got one and the other was sold before I could get it :( I will say, though, that it came in as a rainbow hammer that was in with orange hammers and it didn't have nearly as much color when I first got it. The yellow has really intesified since I started adding the Aqua Vitro Vibrance (Iodide) so it could be a "manufactured" color based on my additives (Iodide is often said to deepen yellows and greens). I'm using the same line on the Red Sea so I'm hoping for the same results. Here's the original picture but it really looks nothing like this in person:

Orangehammer-1.jpg

I found this serching..... Not sure this is what your talking about. Manhattanreef link won't say where they got it and I found a couple of links talking about this Oculus aquatics. Pictured is one BEAUTIFUL coral. Good luck in the search!

Yellow Hammer Coral - Manhattan Reefs

Oculus Aquatics

Well, it's hard to tell on the first one from Manhatten Reefs as he has his saturation blown up! (Check out the pic that shows the setting in the box to the right and you'll see "saturation high." Mine is similiar but not nearly as blinding and with lots of other colors besides just the yellow.

catran

Australia...my dream destination! I plan to visit at least once in my lifetime!

You HAVE to go! Go to Cairns in your travels and see the Great Barrier Reef from there, it's magnificent! It's my goal to get back there some day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

byronredsea

Yep reef is sweet I went there for my honeymoon 18 years ago to think we have some sweet coral and fish here witch you can get but there are some things you all have that we cannot get

We've added the first stage of our clean up crew (CUC): Cortez Mexican red Leg hermits, gorgeous nerite snails, and a couple of trochus snails. We're dosing alk and calcium to color up the rocks and playing with the flow to get it right. I think we'll add our clowns in the next few days. We've never recorded any type of cycle. Our rock was in vats for two months anticipating this setup and we used the Carib Sea Oolite live sand and a combo of Microbacter, Cycle, and overnighted, refrigerated live bacteria to help get things established. So far, we're very happy! (One note: the heat sinks on the lights get really hot as they are designed to do. Temps in the tank are staying nice at 78-80. BUT, be very careful when moving/touching the lights...again, the tops get hot!)

Marcye,

How much room is in the "chiller" compartment? Is it big enough for a small frag tank or refugium? I've contacted Aviad about getting a s-series up here in mid America, crossed fingers. I am trying to decide if it's going to accomplish everything I want it to. I'm stepping down from a 380 gallon tank that was in my basement, trying to get something in the realm of 150-200 gallons in my kitchen/dining room, back where I can enjoy it everyday instead of it being a chore.

Thanks,
Adam