My new Cube !!!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx JK !

Doni the Female has been hosted by the Frogspawn for several months since I removed all of the Orange tip BTA's. The new mate has been close to the Carpet but hasn't taken to it yet. I also had to rearrange the tank again since the Carpet at night stretches itself out and was getting very close to some SPS corals.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Okay, good luck with it!

BTW.. I hear there is a special dance that you can do.... if done properly will entice the clowns to move into it... that's just hearsay so far... I've seen no proof yet... LOL~

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Another update :)
Alot of things have happened since the last update.

First I lost my CBB a few weeks ago, it just stopped eating and starved itself to death. I don't know exactly why but I suspect it was intimidation during feeding time by my Trigger and Purple Tang, I was very disappointed this CBB was eating out of my hands was very active and beautiful, just a great community fish :tears:

The attempt to pair my Perculas was a failure, although in the first few days they appeared to be getting along it looked very promising but the female eventually turned on him and was beating him up so bad that I had to remove him otherwise death would've certainly occured.

Then the worst blow of all was my Stichodactyla Haddoni eating my Trigger and then deciding to move to the other side of my tank stinging my corals along the way I had enough and removed it from my tank, put it in the sump for a couple of days as I pondered what to do. I decide to return it to the LFS and get a Fungia and an Exquisite Fairy Wrasse. I also added a large Squareback Anthias it's doing very well eating like a pig.

My Corals are doing very well and growing at an impressive rate especially my Frogspawn and Scripps Stag. The Frogspawn has grown so large he is attacking the surrounding Mushrooms and Ricordeas and will probably have to to be fragged :columbo: Also incredibly all 3 of my Montipora capricornis are recovering from bleaching and STN. I thought they were all dead and removed most of the dead skeleton but somehow they have reappeared and are growing very well.

Anyway here's a few photos:

141_4153.jpg

142_4212.jpg

142_4221.jpg

141_4161.jpg

141_4148.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanx everyone.

Mike he was about 5" in lenght he was a good size fish I was really shocked that the Trigger was it's first victim and will be the last.
Here's a photo:

139_3965.jpg

141_4113.jpg

Witfull

im sorry for your loss with the carpet,,,

my tank will soon be making a major change,,,,,im going to go anemone tank,,,,carpets in specific!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well it's been a while but I figure time to update the tank.

For a while I've been planning to get a better reflector and looked at several options but decided to go with a LumenArc Mini. I only have one MH bulb on a spiderlight reflector and what I was noticing with my SPS was that because most of them are located off-center in the tank, many areas that were not getting enough light were beginning to bleach. I really wanted to get the Lumenarc III but I would've had to do some major adjustments to my canopy so that it would fit and in retrospect that's what I should've done because the mini will not cover a 30x30" area, oh well:doh: Eventually I plan on adding some T5 retro's to cover the areas the mini doesn't cover.

I also regret going from XM 10k to the aqua connect 14k, although the 14k does have good PAR #'s the gowth on the Mille's and the staghorn has almost completely stopped only the Monti's are doing well. If it wasn't for the $110 I spent on them I would go right back to the XM's or the Reeflux 10k bulb. Hopefully once well aclimated to the aqua connect the acro's will begin to grow again. The LPS and softies and polyps love the 14k bulb. I also lost all my Croceas and Maxima clams to PM I got so frustrated that I'm not buying any more clams for a long time until this problem gets resolved.

Here's some photos of the reflector:

148_4845.jpg

148_4853.jpg

148_4854.jpg

Gina

RS STAFF
Wow Robert! It looks fantastic!
Nice reflector. I'm surprised it doen't cover the entire tank. Looks like it would have.

Did your cube come RR or did you attach an overflow box?
Also, I have no idea what PM (how you lost your clams) is?