i really like this pavona!
844.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
When I bought mine I had no idea what it was. The kid at the LFS said he thought it started with a "P", and after a lot of searching and posting I finally identified it.

Thanks guys!
yeah Terry's right, there are several different ttypes of Pavona like monti's and acro's. i have the green also (tiny frag, not like Terry's) but it is growing and keeping color under my stock lighting so i decided to try the orange also.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Pavona's are pretty nice corals. I like the color of the one that tundra is adding. So many corals, so little space! I ordered a new one today - I'll put it in my thread later.

i like them a lot. i have recently started grabing different corals i wasnt before sure i could keep with stock lighting and have had some success. i have 2 pavona frags 2 chalice frags 1 sunset monti (really nice orange and green too small of a frag to get a good pic) and i have a piece of birds nest acro and its alive,polyps come out and everything. i hope some other stock RSM owners can share some of their experiences and let us know their stories. i just saw that thread about corals and should be posting there. i will post my next addition in that thread.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I have a really nice red chalice that has grown & double in size, in my stock 130D :) I have a blue chalice too, that is doing well under the stock RSM 130D lights. I like chalices
602.gif

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glenn - Chalices are a coral I know very little about, other than pictures (and some ridiculous prices for some). Where do they typically get placed - on the rock, on the substrate, or either?

i have 2 chalice and like Terry i also dont know much about them.
i too keep my chalice up high and i am seeing growth. i was wondering how they eat or grow? anybody know?