My Elos goes Atlantis

MAXreefer

Time for a major update....

Maybe some of you remember my tank build I had here...

IMG8507-M.jpg

You still can see all my pictures HERE

Having to travel more and more for work and a little ALK disaster while I was gone I decided to go a different route for now and for the first time ever I wanted to go FOWLR.
Always considered my Elos something special and coming from a reef tank I just couldn't live with a pile of rock and some fish. Therefore I wanted to create something funny and different and the "Elos goes Atlantis" theme popped up in my mind.
I moved all the corals to my frag tank still hoping they will recover at some point not they are in a more sterile and clean environment. Removed all sand and LR and cleaned up the whole system.
Then I started all over to get my FOWLR going.

The setup:

Elos system 120 (47.24 x 22.5 x 19.69)
Elos cabinet with black doors
Elos sump
Skimmer: Elos PS1000.
Return pump: Sicce Syncra Silent 3.0
Lighting: Elos Aquatop with 4 LED stripes
ATO: Elos Osmocontroller Digital
UV Sterilizer: Turbo-Twist 6x 18Watt
Water movement: Tunze Wavebox and 1 x MP40
Controller: Full Apex

Still battling a bit the algae blooms I have due to being a newer setup. It comes and goes. One day it is all gone and the next day it is back. I don't worry to much about it for now.

i-nmnb7Mq-M.jpg

i-zHNgRb9-M.jpg

i-PFTZtmX-M.jpg

i-cf4xtbp-M.jpg

Installed also last Thursday a TurboTwist 6x 18Watt UV Sterilizer. For the size of my tank a 9 Watt probably would have been enough but the max. flow wasn't high enough to match my return pump and I didn't wanted to install an additional pump. By getting the 18 Watt I was able to plumb it on the return line. The first couple days I didn't see a huge difference but as of today the water is crystal clear.
Still need to clean up and arrange all the wiring btw.

i-MjNSTfG-S.jpg

i-ZWcrqj2-S.jpg

MAXreefer

Quick video. Just click on the picture below to watch the vid.
It is in 720p HD and might require a fast connection
Enjoy

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Awesome man........this should be a nice break from a reef tank. And if i remember correctly, your tank was quite legit!

Love the design.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Very cool setup. I've often thought of a "Theme" tank just never had the "spheres" to make it happen. Looks great :)

Andy

think the picasso trigger has stamped his name on the lego house. Fun idea but my girlfriend would have a pink theme and i couldnt be doing with that!

MAXreefer

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

I am very happy with the UV unit. When I posted the setup I had it just installed and saw some improvement in water clarity but now having it running for a while it is amazing.
I always had good quality but never saw the water as clear as it is now.

your GSP let the clam get to the bottom? as soon as i put the clam in the tank mine devours it

To be able top get a good picture I had placed the mussel by hand at the bottom.
You are right when I throw some clams on the half shell or silversides in the tank those things are ripped apart before they even touch ground. It is not only the GSP but also the Triggers who are the big piggy eaters in the tank