My CREE 180w LED thread

rusting

Great tank. I came across your thread on the internet while looking for cree lights,after seeing yours I ordered mine. Thanks For the pictures. My first post on this site.

PIMPALA

Great tank. I came across your thread on the internet while looking for cree lights,after seeing yours I ordered mine. Thanks For the pictures. My first post on this site.

Thanks! Glad you found the thread, and got your new lights! Welcome to RS, and lets see some pics of your tank!!!!!!

PIMPALA

new comparo shots!!

030604150604A.jpg

030604150604B.jpg

04150604a.jpg

04150604b.jpg

04150604c.jpg

Robzilla

Dude what miracle grow are you putting in your tank lol. That's insane! I'd say the lights were a good buy :)

PIMPALA

not a damn thing. i dont even dose anymore. heck, i only do water changes once a month. LOL

Robzilla

James, also probably going to sound harsh here...but not intended, just asking:

What does the price have to do with it? They obviously work if you read through the thread you can see Jason has had immense growth since getting these. They are covered under warranty and LEDs are an extremely easily fixed light if something does go wrong.

Just not sure where you were going with that post my man. Not trying to attack you by any means. And sorry Jason if this derails your thread.

Jackalope

i just really hate seeing people pay all the extra cost esp. when the guy bought ... 6 of them? my god 2400 bucks. i would be upset. im not bashing in no way. They are genuine CREE leds. i get upset paying 6 bucks a pack of smokes, then i cross to mexico and get them for 3.50... im sorry i think im being misunderstood and will move along. pm me if your mad =-\

Edit: Those lights do as advertised. i almost bought them. then was talked into T5's since i had spare parts laying around.

Ive seen the growth they do and if they could be intergrated somehow into a sweet controller, they would be extreemly bad arse.

Robzilla

No, not mad at all man...was just trying to figure out the meaning of the post and you just cleared it up for me :)

PIMPALA

Not sure what you are getting at really. The ad on alibaba from eshine is listed at $100-300 each.

To get anywhere NEAR $100, you have to order ONE THOUSAND units per month under contract. Per MONTH!!

I ordered 6, direct from Eshine and talk to the sales rep Laura on almost a weekly basis still, as we have become friends. I ordered 6 units, but didn't pay $400 each. I got them for $200ish plus shipping costs. What they sell them for to anyone else may be different. Some people may pay $250-300, some may pay $150. Not my business. My actual invoice was (if I remember correctly) around $1,500 with shipping. Shipping from China isn't cheap.

Also, I've had mine for quite awhile. An just like anything else that uses LED, prices are rapidly dropping.

I'm not mad or upset at your post in any way. But I also did lots of research on them before I purchased, and I knew exactly what they were, and where they were coming from. :)

Jackalope

ooh Nice deal! i just popped 2400 bucks in my head and said WHOAH! sorry man. good thread. ive always wanted to see how much improvement they had over other lighting

PIMPALA

No biggie. I understand. lol

Had I not done my homework and bought them from an American wholesaler/vendor, it would have been closer to that $400 mark... Or maybe more.

Robzilla

And I coppied your homework! Thanks for the passing grade Jason :)

Even after following this thread, I still emailed Laura for over a month before I purchased.

PIMPALA

LOL!! Welcome!

Ive answered dozens of emails and PMs regarding these lights, most times which has resulted in someone ordering them. I should be getting a commission!! LOL

Jackalope

hey pimpala, have you looked into the ability to integrade some controller for those lights? im really curious about that now.

and for the part where you say you dont dose, etc.... Neither do i lol. if i leave my tank alone it does great!

PIMPALA

i havent looked far enough into it, but each color of light has a separate power cord and dimmer on the ballast. so i imagine some type of plug and play controller would work... if available.

my tank would probably grow even more if i did regular water changes, and/or dosed. lol