My Battle - Reef ;) Pics of course :wave:

Rooshi

Thanks!!!

This has been since I started fluidizing rowa phos and added ozone as well as the chaeto

Phos levels are at trace now:) so just got to wait for the algae to die back which some has already - honestly think I will miss all the algae but not as much as my Lawnmower and sailfin

Chaeto is growing but need new lights on the sump - use a over tank light that can flip up so the chaeto goes into darkness but the culepra stays lit!!:))

A few corals added and some old ones are growing so good news - would live a fast forward button for the tank

Rooshi

So a few more changes well a big one I guess with the addition of a vortech mp40 :) oh how my tank loves it as well as a few new corals ;)

Also added a 125 CFL on my chaeto to see If it will speed it's growth

Here is a pic or two

b0facf7e-0a50-fb7b.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339099743.572387.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339099775.227570.jpg
Doesn't he look comfortable

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
I added a mp40 about a month ago. Best money spent on my tank so far me and my corals love it. Your tank is looking great, keep up the good work.

Rooshi

Thanks all am really trying - tanks sucking up a lot of time recently and have delivery of some sea horses tomorrow for the 130 will post pics

Here a couple pics of the tank .... New things changes and some growth

I have invested in a bubble magnus doser and basically screwed up on mg so long story short decided to fit my filter sock fully DIY style as I couldn't get myself to pay £25 for a holder - seems to have worked

Also been running bio pearls in a reactor for 4 weeks and changed the macro algae in my sump before the pearls to chaeto

The sock has helped remove a lot of the precipitation particles and luckily nothing seemed to be affected - a lot clearer now and levels all in safe zones

Need to balance them out then let them drop to check how much is being used/what I need to dose........

Have also been using red sea reef energy a+b and can't say it's done any harm the one visual thing I have noticed is the extension of the polyps:) also feeding reef pearls food on a auto feeder twice a day and the corals do seem to love it and got same make skimmer but bigger 2nd hand for cheap so waiting for that Saturday or Monday :)

My QT has now turned into another fish tank!!! With two clown (black/white) and a chalk goby these will be joined tomorrow by a pair of black baby sea horses and fake corals/latching poles

The sea horses are from a tank that has two clown orange and white as well as pipe fish and some other bigger yellow sea horses ( sorry don't know all the names) re sorted the chambers at the rear I the tank replacing the sponges with live rock adding some sponges to the third chamber OH and adding a reefloat auto top up. external filter filled with sponges......... May have to slow it down for the sea horses but hopefully not

b0faed25-59cd-a01e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610432.264694.jpg
b0faed25-5a55-d438.jpg

b0faed25-5aa0-61d8.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610778.149980.jpg
b0faed25-5b5f-6784.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341610844.848787.jpg

Haven't actually got many BUT will take some pictures tomorrow so you can all feedback to me what you think!

Thanks for looking and all comments/advice

Rooshi

Been a long time I do apologise but with flooring bring laid at home and my gold striped maroons starting to lay and me raising the fry it's been hard to find the time anyway

Clowns started breeding and I have managed to raise a 10 fry without any previous experience and am aiming for a much higher number this round - I hope

Here are a few pics of the tank and some of the current 1 day old fry and some of the last two batch which have now gone through metamorphosis

9ujy9eza.jpg

amuryte2.jpg

ety7ytav.jpg

y8unyhap.jpg

arube9es.jpg

dy4a7ahe.jpg

utu7y7aj.jpg

u8usu9az.jpg

marune4u.jpg

upy7y9yb.jpg

Rooshi

Thanks Larry :) its getting better everyday - bio pellets did the job however towards the end they started sticking and I got a lot of cyno - removed pearls and back to rowa phos seems to have done the trick