My 90 Gallon display - FTS, corals pics

cbrownfish

I finally snapped a new FTS, first since April, and a few more shots of my corals. I have been playing with the exposure a bit more and it has helped me capture better shots of some of my stuff. :)

FTS....colors are a bit better in person but this is reasonably close --

FTS9-26-09.jpg

Some Zoa garden shots --

palyzoas.jpg

blowpops.jpg

kingmidas.jpg

Up close and personal with the Encrusting Gorgonian --

encrustgorgclose2.jpg

Galaxea --

galaxea.jpg

Brain --

brainclose.jpg

Wellsophyllia --

wellsclose-1.jpg

Purple Rimmed Cap (really need to prune this, considering it is less than 1/2" from growing out of the water) --

purprimcap2.jpg

cbrownfish

Thanks deaclauderdale and Al!

Al - before I come up that way, we can chat and make it well worth the trek. :D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I completely missed the GSP tree! I have some Tonga stashed away in storage here I may try to find a piece and try that for myself! I LOVE that idea!!

CB you have a PM buddy!!

cbrownfish

I started with a baseball sized rock and then used epoxy (lol @ apoxy in my first post) to secure a few pieces of tonga branch to it. Then I secured small frags of GSP in various spots with rubber bands. Nature took it's course and voila! :) Now I have to pull "dread locks" off the top of it 1-2X per month!

If I make one of a similar size in the future, I will probably use thinner pieces of tonga or acro skeletons. I underestimated how "thick" the branches would become when they were covered by the GSP. If someone has more real estate, they could create a larger footprint or even a much taller structure.