MY 180 MIXED (first time with stonies)

jesse92

Hi guys.... Just got myself a 6' tank, the biggest tank Ive ever had and just a few days in with it in my house and already it doesnt look big enough, oh well. Anyways my plan is to set up a reef tank that is teaming with life, mostly sessile, and run it as naturally and low cost as possible. I would also like all the animals within to be as happy as possible, and i know thats sounds ridiculous but I feel like so many people just cram their tanks with fish and in turn actually forget about the fish' well being. Its very tempting so I need to be held accountable by someone. To the fun stuff I want to fun a scrubber instead of a skimmer and pretty much make that the soul filtration other than live rock, thoughts?.....and heres a vague idea of how i want to stock
o pair of firefish
o pair of clowns
o a blenny of some sort
o harem of anthias 5 or 6
o foxface or yellow tang
o atlantic blue tang
o would love an angel of some sort

pretty sure thats pushing it so all opinions and ideas will be very much appriciated.
cheers guys

TylerHaworth

For an Angel in a reef tank check out the Genicanthus sp. Angelfish, they're the only really reef safe ones to be found.I really don't see any problems with your stocking list.

I really don't think I would run a skimmerless tank relying solely on an ATS if you're planning on growing SPS... They're great for FOWLR or Softie/LPS tanks but leave/put too much "stuff" in the water column to maintain the low-nutrient water that most SPS corals require.

Can't wait to watch your tank develop!