My 14 gallon biocube

yungreefer2410

theres no LFS nearby you? do you mean under $10 a pound? if so, pretty much anywhere, but if you want 15+ pounds of live rock for under $10, not gonna happen, unless you know someone that is getting out of the hobby and they're selling the rock CHEAP

just got some live rock its actualy purple with corraline algae! its also pre cured but it does have some hair algae on it. also my tank cleaning hermits have ben acting up they ate my margarita snail and other snails. good thing some of my cleaners are periwinkles and limpets and a chiton, otherwise thay would eat them too and perrys grow fast and chitons & limpets have hard shells

GrendelPrime

petco dosent charge by the pound they have a flat fee for the size of the rock, small medium and large at least thats how the petco by me sells the rock and sence there a nation wide chain store i would think thats how all there stores do it

yesterday i got a frag of zoas and a plate of mushroom coral. the zoas and mushrooms were an ugly brown when i got them at petco now the zoas are a silver shiny color with green and yellowish red and the mushrooms are light red and glowing green.

GrendelPrime

is this for the tank that isnt cycled yet? might have been a better choice to grab some more live rock for the tank and by petco selling the rock for a set price u can actualy get a bigger rock for less money then if u were to pay by the pound

no the biocube is 100% cycled now for sure. i think the zoas and shrooms like the lighting and the tank better than the store. the zoas are verry shiny now and a nice green. at the store they looked sooo ugly and brownish.

i put some macro algae in the larger tank. a few days ago i put a almost dead snail that my crabs hurt into the larger tank and it developed this white slimy stuff on it and smelled horrible. the macro algae started to get the same thing i put in my cube and it went away. what is it? the ammonia is 0 the ph is a little high and the rest is mostly zero.

finally got rid of the condylactis. it was all shriveled and my zoas were closed so i thought it was releasing toxins so i got rid of it. also how do i make my biocube protein skimmer work?

ChrisOaty

I mean no offense, but you dont seem to be taking much advice from many of the seasoned reefers who have offered it. Perhaps they've gotten tired of it. Just a thought.

GlassMunky

I would honestly try and avoid Petco as much as possable. From what i've read in here and my own experiance with them, they are giving you nothing but bad information and unhealthy livestock. The petco by me is tearing down and re startting their SW tanks about every 5-6 months because of Ich or some other problem, and Most if not ALL of the emoployees are unknowlagable about SW, let alone Reefs. Find another Local SW store or find one online that you like. theres lots of sponser links on RS and people here love them. Good luck with your tank

GrendelPrime

im actualy very lucky with the petco by me sence petco ran all the other lfs's out of business all the the realy good and knowlegeable people from each store are now working in this petco so any day of the week or time theres 2 realy good employees there at all times that are very strict about there tanks and live stock..dosent meen they wont try to rob u blind if u dont know what ur doing but if u have a clue there decent people :)