My 130D

marine281

Kind of a very dark green/brown, its a nice contrast to all the bright stuff in the tank. When you first see it, it looks like a dead duncans, but when it opens up its pretty cool, will attempt to take pics, but its a shy one :)

marine281

More new additions, starting to look better now :)

Can anyone ID the orange & white one? I'm thinking some type of gorgonian? looks to be a filter feeder, has huge polyps that have just started to open up.

P1120048.jpg

P1120051.jpg

P1120053.jpg

P1120054.jpg

P1120055.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'm pretty sure that the orange and white one is a branching type of sponge - very pretty in any case! I'll be interested in how it does. Did that Turbinaria (Pagoda cup type coral) come with it?

marine281

You are correct reefmack, tis a sponge colonized by anemones :)

And it was actually the other way around... the sponge came with the Turbinaria.

Heres a shot of it opened up, i really like this coral!

P1120058.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Now that the polyps are open that is one totally awesome piece! I'm thinking that is some type of symbiotic relationship between the 2 organisms, but only guessing.

marine281

Lol, i'm sure RM could find somewhere for one :)

On another note, my vortech is due to arrive any day, has been a long wait as the supplier closed over xmas, but spoke to them today, and they think it should be almost here... yay!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nope - no plans to get one! Of course I've never seen one anywhere, but if I do I'll fight off the temptation, maybe. :)

marine281

A few new additions, and updates on growth.

Have a bi-color blenny hiding amongst the macro algae, and just got a lil bi-color angel today, both have adjusted very well, and are happily munching away on anything green they come across.

Hammer coral is doing great, as is the torch, which now takes up a fair portion of the tank!.

My Pagoda never adjusted to tank life for some reason, but the sponge/anemonies are looking fantastic now, moved them into a slightly higer flow, and wow :)

Everything starting to settle in well now, and all the tank mates are happy with each other, even had a peppermint shrimp come out of hiding and do a lap of the tank in full light! about the same time a hermit was hitching a ride on the sandsifting stars back...

P1190890.jpg

P1190893.jpg

The purple coral- montipora? is begining to spread onto the rock its sitting on.
P1190895.jpg

If you look very closely in the centre, you can see the blenny.
P1190898.jpg

P1190902.jpg

P1190903.jpg

P1190905.jpg

marine281

Few better pics, first one is of the black sun coral, has its mouths full of brine shrimp, so not in its full glory.. has been a bit of a battle to get it feeding- had been at the LFS for a while, and was neglected, but its finally coming around :)

P1190926.jpg

P1190912.jpg

P1190913.jpg

P1190915.jpg

P1190924.jpg

P1190925.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice additions! I did see the new blenny - barely LOL! The angel is very pretty, as is that sponge/polyp combo. The sponge/polyp combo always gets a WOW from me! I think that's the first time that I've seen what the polyps look like on the black sun corals.

mbdave

RM you can get them here:) those are colonial zoanthids on the sponge I think they are a parasite but am not sure.

jjohnson3

Nice tank! A FTS pretty please??? Do be aware that Bicolors LOVE sponges. Just keep an eye out for it and keep it fed very well and there should be no problems. Is the sponge hard to keep? Id like to have one...

marine281

Thanks everyone, & thanks for the tip on the bi-color, will keep an eye on that.

Initially, the polyps on the sponge opened up, then it closed up for a few days, i relocated it to a higher flow area, and its doing REALY well, polyps stay open through the night. I just started feeding "marine snow" and have heaps of little filter feeders springing up all over :)

Will get a full tank shot tonight when the lights are on..

Unfortunately, the diy overflow didn't work out, it would run fine, then all of a sudden stop for no particular reason & not restart. I don't really have the room, or tools to be trying DIY projects to be honest! moved from the east coast to the west a few years back, and there was only so much I could bring with me.

I've just ordered a lifereef overflow to do the job. Now need to find a tank that will fit in the cabinet next to the chiller, and add a cooling fan to the cabinet.

marine281

My Vortech Finally arrived!!!! cool pump, thats for sure, i've got it in the front right corner right up top, i think even just the updraft is gonna improve things.i've got it on reef crest mode cleaning out the rocks. For this reason, full tank shot will be delayed, its really stiring things up!!