My 120 Reef Chronicle!

SeahorseBT

I have finally moved up to the big boy tanks! I purchased a used 120 with everything I needed. The tank is lit by 2X150wt MH's and 2 T5's for supplemental lighting. It also came with most of the live rock you see and all the sand, a skimmer, sump, return pump, chiller,a yellow tip RBTA, a green bubble tip and magnificent anemone. I moved the YRBTA to my 46 so it would be safe while the tank cycled. I didn't have room for the other two anemones. The tank was just drained and moved and refilled with the same water so I don't think I will have a huge cycle. Here are some pics: Tell me what you think of the aquscape. I am not sure I like it....
Tanks562.jpg

Tanks563.jpg

Tanks564.jpg

Tanks565.jpg

This is the anemone in the 46 that will come back down when the tank finishes cycling.
Tanks505.jpg

olivert00

Blake Excellent! It looks great...good job on the scaping. Those tangs are going to love the swim room.

Debbie

jski711

nice tank and I love the rockwork Blake!! Btw that BTA is stunning!! If that ever splits I'm first in line!!!

SeahorseBT

Thanks Jake and Jeff! Both you guys will have to stop by some time. I'll let you know if the RBTA splits Jake, I plan on feeding it to make it grow faster so hopefully it won't be that long....

SeahorseBT

Yeah, I don't work on Tuesdays. When I start driving I can work more hours though. Aren't those clowns awesome!? And did you see those HUGE copperbands and the scribbled angel? Those are the biggest I have ever seen.

SeahorseBT

Well after a long cycle, the tank has LIFE! Right now the inhabitants consist of..
-blue hippo tang
-Purple tang
-Pair of black occ. Clowns
-Coral Beauty

I'll get some pics tomorrow...

wm23oh

I believe those things you asked about are a pest and I also had a few pop up in my tank. I destroied them as soon as I saw them. Very nice tank and I wish you the best!

SeahorseBT

Thanks! I know they are a pest, but there are too many to kalk paste. I wonder if some peps would take care of them,...