My 120 Reef Chronicle!

Basile

Hello blake , me again, lol. Let put it this way if you had six tanks, you'd get six messages, Thats how i usually go about my rounds. Hey congrat about the new tank, and well underway i see. I'm still on my period with my 65G, period, cycle.... lol Cheap shot i know lol. Nice wooden floor by the way, oak, cherry, mahogany? A critical eye on your rock work, make two islands, one in the back the other forefront, the back one higher. it accomplish 2 things; seperation of two bodies makes the area look larger than it is, compensate the separtion of two bodies by elevating one higher than the other, make the back island higher, its creates more depth in your tank, make it look deeper than actually is. 3 years in desing and the concept of spaces. That what guided me for my tank. Some people askes me if my tank is a 90G while its a 65 G. Line going up on a wall , make it look taller, going side to side ,makes it look wider. Concept of perspectives. Just a though, i'm usually frank and direct.

aquascape20above20small.jpg

BonzaiWorld.jpg

This 5 G looks like a 10 g, just because of the scape.

03-day1.jpg

005.jpg

If i didn't care i wouldn't take the time ,:dance:

SeahorseBT

Thanks for stopping by Basile! I see what you mean about the rock work and I love what you have done in the 65. I'll see if I can do something like that, i keep meaning to re-arrange the rocks, it looks too much like a wall to me.

SeahorseBT

New fish today! I got two lyretail anthias and a red spotted blenny. I also ordered a blue star leopard wrasse that was too small for this tank (1 inch!) so it went in the 46. Thanks VividAquariums.com! Here are some pics. They are still shy so it is the best I can do.
Tanks751.jpg

Tanks752.jpg

Basile

Hey good for ya Blake. By the way i sold my Horse tank to some great people, they let me know how the little guys are doing via emails. They are fine .:whstlr:

SeahorseBT

Thanks redsea reefer and Basile! That's good to hear on the ponies. I just got some more fry two days ago. These guys look very strong, hopefully they will make it this time.

SeahorseBT

Really? Awesome! New tanks ar so exciting. I'll be watching your thread. I have some bad news...Something is picking on my corals in this tank. The duncans, acans, and the plate coral are hot happy and have evidence of nipping. I blame the coral beauty. Time to go fishing!

Here are some more pics:
Tanks760.jpg

Tanks759.jpg

Basile

Thanks, yes that's a blenny.

I see you've even changed your avartar for it. I'm getting a lawnmower Blenny, or sailfin what ever you want to call it, i think his personnality make up for his common look, but even so i like his overall looks. Hows yours? personnality i mean, playfull? How big does he gets.His he a sand sifter , thats what i want.

SeahorseBT

He is pretty lazy, not too playful, but he is still new to the tank. I think he is full size. No he's not a sand sifter.
Tanks773.jpg

Tanks770.jpg

Tanks771.jpg

Tanks772.jpg