My 110 gal Adventure

Doot77

And I took a couple pics of the new live rock I got too.
100_6614.jpg

100_6611.jpg

100_6616.jpg

100_6610.jpg

and then a FTS with the new rock
100_6609.jpg

Doot77

Excuse the blurry pics, It seems the more times I try and take pics they just end up the same. Any tips on what I might be doing wrong?

Doot77

i brace my self against something or put camera on ladder to keep it still. might help
Thats a good Idea I'll have to try the ladder trick, I tried putting the camera up against the glas to keep from moving but that didn't seem to help to much. But I guess one of the rock pics isn't blurry so it might have been that one.

Octoman

Excuse the blurry pics, It seems the more times I try and take pics they just end up the same. Any tips on what I might be doing wrong?

I got tired of trying to hold the camera still and picked up a tripod for $12 a couple weeks ago. Does your camera have macro settings?

Great looking setup Matt, love the In-wall tank overlooking the pool table (although I bet the ledge in front of the tank is going to get a beer or two set on it). That's some great looking live rock too!

Doot77

I got tired of trying to hold the camera still and picked up a tripod for $12 a couple weeks ago. Does your camera have macro settings?

Great looking setup Matt, love the In-wall tank overlooking the pool table (although I bet the ledge in front of the tank is going to get a beer or two set on it). That's some great looking live rock too!
Not sure on the macro setting, I'll have to check it out and give it a try if it does. About the beer on the ledge thing, It actually has a protective plexiglass window that is sandwiched between the trim that goes around the opening and the wall just in case someone gets wild with a pool cue or ball jumps off the table towards the tank. I had a party this last wekend and it was put to the test with the pool cue and my friend said its pretty strong. LOL

Here he is giving the aproval.
100_6542.jpg

Doot77

Wow $943, that makes me even more likely to go with the refurbished one on ebay. Thanks Lynn BTW how much did you end up paying for your 72"?

lcstorc

I forget exactly but it was over a thousand. I don't think by much though. We did order extra bulbs when we got the unit so I may be remembering the total including the extra bulbs.
It was over a year ago and my memory is getting worse and worse. :)

Doot77

A little update, I put in a bid on those lights but I was outbid at the last minute. I also tore apart my tank a couple of hours ago and gt out the last 2 Damsels. I ended up taking out almost all of the rock to get them out so I ended up reaquascaping my tank. I'll take some pics when the water settles a bit and post them up later.

Doot77

Well here are some pics of the new layout of the tank and I also piced up a couple new fish since I got the Damsels out and water tests showed Ammonia & Nitrites @ 0 and Nitrate @ .50, Ph 8.4. I ended up getting a Royal Gramma & a Firefish along with a sand sifting star and a cleaner shrimp.
FTS
100_6705.jpg

The New Firefish
100_6716.jpg

The New Royal Gramma
100_6726.jpg

The New Cleaner shrimp
100_6727.jpg

Doot77

Surprizingly enough both fish are out and about most of the time so far. They are usually on other sides of the tank, but I did manage to get a pick of both of them together.
100_6721.jpg

Doot77

Well all new additions are doing fine and I'm really liking the 2 fish alot, I'm thinking about adding a pair of clowns next. Has anyone gotten any Onyx clown from Rods Reef here in DeKalb? I've seen a thread on them over at RC and the more I read about them I'm leaning that way. Here's his website and they are just down the road a couple miles from me too. Rods Reef - Home

Doot77

Are you guys talking about the floor in the tank room by the quarantine tank? if so its just the regular concrete floor in the basement with sealer applied i believe.

cracker

DOOT77, The tank & setup looks sweet. The 500$ drop in price looks real sweet! All around a good deal. The addition of the plexi sheild was very wise. Also on page one of this thread ,pics 6, 8 & 14 look like there is some type of diagonal baffles or such along the back of the tank. If my eyes are not playing tricks on me, could you post another pic? Is it part of the over flows? Thanks

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Are you guys talking about the floor in the tank room by the quarantine tank? if so its just the regular concrete floor in the basement with sealer applied i believe.

In the photos the floor looks like it has about 1" of water on it and the surface it rippling!:lol:

Also on page one of this thread ,pics 6, 8 & 14 look like there is some type of diagonal baffles or such along the back of the tank. If my eyes are not playing tricks on me, could you post another pic?

I had to look at this really hard when I first saw it. The dual overflow and black back panel are all one piece. The diagonal marks you see are the silicone to glue the back and overflows to the glass.