Morgan's s500

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I'm seeing more evidence of shriveling, will see what it does in the next few days. I have one large patch and a bunch of small ones. I might be able to get the rock with the large patch out. I'd like to pull the bryopsis now, and scrub or chisel the rock a bit. It's connected to other rocks with acrylic driveway posts though, I forget which ones are glued and which are free.

It's not a fun thought to disrupting your rockscape. I'm glad I did, spot spray the spot with hydrogen peroxide before & after plucking if you do take it out of the tank. Mine still hasn't grown back where I removed it. My rockscape was easy enough to put it back in place. I hope you can get it out, makes revenge feel good ;)
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ryopsis-trying-not-give-up-3.html#post1259522
It's been two weeks & it's not shown back up at the removal spot...I think hydrogen peroxide killed it. :rocket:

Love your Green Chromis pictures!! I have 3 also & I think they are awesome :thumbup:

coralrama

It's not a fun thought to disrupting your rockscape. I'm glad I did, spot spray the spot with hydrogen peroxide before & after plucking if you do take it out of the tank. Mine still hasn't grown back where I removed it. My rockscape was easy enough to put it back in place.

Thanks Diana, I have it on a few rocks, including one with a Gorgonian that I don't want to remove from the rock, or have in the air very long. So, I'm still undecided if I should try to take it out. I'm going to be patient and (hopefully) continue to watch it shrivel.

coralrama

Here is my checkerboard wrasse, I really like this fish. He? sleeps in the sand a lot though, tends to come out after I leave for work, and goes to bed early. I don't see him for days sometimes.

DSC_7131_processed_zps1450b2e5.jpg

Here is another pic, including tang photobomb. He hangs out with the tang a lot, they seem to like each other. I think the tang is a female, so maybe I'll get some...wrangs?

DSC_7109_processed_zpse5217b00.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
That's a beautiful fish for sure! If you get any "wrangs" I bet you could sell them for lots of money :yup: ;)

Oxylebius

Here is my checkerboard wrasse, I really like this fish. He? sleeps in the sand a lot though, tends to come out after I leave for work, and goes to bed early. I don't see him for days sometimes.

Yes, looks like a male, two yellow patches on dorsal. Small juveniles are black and white and then gradually change to the adult color that your is.

Beautiful wrasse!

Choff

Ooo that is a nice looking wrasse. Is that similar care level to bluestar or potters? Ie they are prone to parasites and need to treat with prazi?

...stupid auto correct

coralrama

I don't think so, not in my research anyway. It's eating pods, frozen formula two and live black worms. (it loves the black worms)

coralrama

Thanks nano.

I picked up a new skimmer about 10 days ago, just so everyone knows, the skimz sk201 fits perfectly in the center chamber of the s500 sump. The water level is right too, I got mine just spilling over the edge of the media chamber.

It's a great skimmer, was pulling brown nasty stuff within a day. I don't miss the red sea skimmer one bit.

Choff

Your rock work looks like a floating island. :). I love it. How is the checkerboard doing?

coralrama

Thanks Mike, it doesn't photo very well as the branch is sticking out everywhere. Now I just need everything to grow! Faster!

The checkerboard is doing great all fish have been in excellent health. I added a lineatus wrasse too, I will try to get a picture of him.

Choff

Ooo I like. I don't think I've seen one before. Coloration is similar to a mystery

...stupid auto correct

coralrama

I got him from a guy in kingston, ny, not sure how far that is for you, but he has quite the setup in his basement. He will order, QT, and fatten up whatever you are looking for.

I just got a flame wrasse from him last weekend, I will try to get pics...