Monosyth's RSM 130D

monosyth

Well, sadly my coco worm has passed. Looks like it got attacked somehow? Not sure. Oh well. It was just growing back it's crown too from dropping them recently. Maybe it wasn't a good idea as many say. I will not replacing it.

The good news is that my green acropora is doing wonderful. A couple of reasons why I think that this is true is because, I followed the LFS advice to keep my water temp at 78 degrees. Everything really is reacting well. And with an open top, it never overheats anymore. Plus T5 lighting is amazing. I'm sorry but that RSM hood was no where close to T5 lighting. Not equal. Not ever. I've also kept up with my dosing and water changes religiously. So in saying so, I'm going to be looking for a few more acroporas. Perhaps a blue tort, something very staghorn-like that will really stand up and out. I'm looking to diversify my colors. YELLOW RED BLUE ORANGE are needed in this tank!

monosyth

Def. I found a new LFS here in San Diego, Pet Kingdom. Really Great Place! I got a pink millepora, red monti digitata and a blue tort/staghorn. Pretty good prices too! Got me some height to my reef started now!

monosyth

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

monosyth

Thanks James, I'm really loving it! The colors are great, corals are responding, I'm excited to see the new corals grow in a bit.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Pretty new corals ! Congrats on your new T5s you will love them

6 T'5 is one really one nice element of my new RSM 250 - now I can grow almost all sps corals

monosyth

Recent photos:
IMG_5434_2.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

IMG_5438.jpg

Sixline wrasse got into the back chamber. Saw him this morning swimming. I didn't have time to get him I was planning on doing it later. Well later I looked for him and couldn't find him at all. Turns out he got sucked up into the back pump. Head first. :-( So the sixline is goners.

What's my replacement? Suggestions?