Milwaukee digital seawater refractometer

Kongor

I'm not one to usually write reviews but....

This thing is awesome.

I first had a hydrometer when I began the hobby and we all know those aren't real accurate and most of us switch to a refractometer pretty quickly.

I had a refractometer for about a year and it always bugged me that I might not be calibrating it right (no ATC), looking under the wrong light source, keeping it steady, reading it (have to take off glasses and I'm blind as a bat) and since I got some SPS now and more expensive corals I want to make sure the basic needs of 1.025-26 SG are met constanty.

So I took the gamble and got a digital Milkwaukee refractometer and its amazing. Calibrate with distilled water, set to zero, and measure! ATC plus 3 forms of measurement. Takes me less then 5 minutes to calibrate, measure, put away and I don't have to worry about my shaky hands and shotty eye sight

Kongor

Thanks

From the manual Milwaukee provided you have to use distilled or RO/DI water and calibrate it to zero, or 1.000 for SG.

I know its different from the hand held refractometer since you calibrate that to 1.026. I almost went back to bad habits lol

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I just watched the vid again... maybe BRS was only referring to the standard refractometer they showed too... :eek: if so, sorry for that suggestion

and congrats again on the very nice

MA887.jpg