Mikes 120 gal reef ready build

reeferman

fourth is definitely aiptasia.i only asked because a rock anemone will retreat into the rock whereas a zoa or paly will just close up to a little bump

MJC

Would you advise trying to get rid of the majano anemone? Will it cause problems? It it is a pink color and kinda looks cool.
I have 2 of them on different rocks.

I plan on getting shrimp for help with the Aptasia or blasting them with lemon juice or boiling water thar are about 4 that I can see.

MJC

Do mojono close up at night looks like a pink pea? When I did a pic search for mojono I'm not convinced that's what it is and hate to get rid of something in haste. Just want to be sure. I will try and get a better pic tomorrow.

DesertOrchid

Nice clowns. The top one looks like it has a silhouette(sp?) of a shark on it's side in the white pattern.... that's really fun. Enjoy your new fish!

MJC

nice clowns.im pretty sure that one is a majano.really,100% sure.
Ya thanks I killed it with Joes Juice kind of sucked because after waiting so long for the tank to cycle it was neat to see something growing lol.
You kind of like when I found my first copepods :)

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ya thanks I killed it with Joes Juice kind of sucked because after waiting so long for the tank to cycle it was neat to see something growing lol.
You kind of like when I found my first copepods :)
I know that feeling. Tank looks greAt

MJC

Looks a OK to me. Looking forward to an apex update soon.

........ mods please turn ur heads.

Apex update!

Well all I can say is I'm happy with it now.....now.
BUT!! I did have some issues with it dropping conection and unable to conect on line, a great help came from Russ at reftronics for my initial setup and I could not have gotten as far as i did with out him.
THANKS RUSS!!

After getting very frustrated with attempting to make it work and stay working wireless, I ended up buying a 100 foot cat5 line and I drilled holes,climed up in the attic,in closets,threw drop ceilings and behind walls down to the bacement to my tank. Definitely worth it and I should have done it in the first place and saved myself a big headache.
If I can offer any advice HOOK IT UP HARDWIERED WITH A ETHERNET CABLE(cat5n).

As far as beeing in constant contact with your tank I love it. I don't pull any plugs to turn anything off or on I controll everything from my iPad and love it. I also picked up a breakout box that I have not hooked up yet. I plan on hooking up a float valve to my DIY skimmer emergency overflow and some other stuff I have not thought of yet but it's nice to have the options.

Love the fact I can go on vacation and leave minimal instructions like "press the feed button feed the fish this amount and that's it " everything ells will turn back on buy itself in the order I have programmed it to and should my fish sitter do something stupid like mess with the wrong buttons, I will be sent a text or email alerting me.

It's also nice it has a second Ph prob to use in my quarentin tank.
Wish there was a salinity prob...lol

Over all I am a gadget guy and I love my Apex.

MJC

Yayyyyyyy!! I got my first addition

My Acan
MyfirstACAN-1-1.jpg

dmatt88

And a beauty it is. I could just about do a tank with acans alone

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

jpsika08

Mike, congrats on the clowns, they are beautiful, the acan is very nice too! nice job. :)

Matt, does that mean another tank is on the way? Do it, do it

dmatt88

After getting a surprise tax bill I think ill live vicariously thru u guys for a bit.

.........yep. I'm a reefer.

MJC

Thanks guys I think for the first time in my life I just might become a addict:eek:
I can't wait untill Friday my LFS usually gets a shipment Friday is it Friday yet,how about now :bigbounce