MIA clown

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
The stress of moving him was too much? How long did the lfs have him? Was it wild caught or tank raised? Unfortunately, not all fish make the stressful transitions from tank to tank but the tank raised ones are usually hardier.

Jiddy

Both tank raised. I had to acclimate them for a long time because i was busy tryin to catch a DAMNsel, and after the acclimate they both ate EVERYTHING and swam around all happy, then lights out and didnt see him since

Woodstock

RS STAFF
That is strange Jiddy. You can feel at ease knowing it's nothing that you did improper. I hope he comes out of hiding soon!

Jiddy

Talk about a blow at the beginin of a hobby thou. My tank is so big i feel it could be anywhere, but i dont think he could hide from me all day. I mean dont 4got, i was searchin a damsel all day right before this, lol. Im pretty good and spottin little fishes. Hopefully he will show up

Warnberg

Jiddy I saw that clown his name was houdini? So maybe he just put himself in a box and dissapeared...

No serious, in my 240 I can't count the number of times I have walked up to the tank and went "Hey where did that _____ go?" and several hours later you see it hiding back behind some rock. I have also had fish go mia for days only to show up later.

angnak

I have a 210 gal and my clown was missing one day and I searched every where for her. Two days later I found her at the very bottom of the rock work in a little cave she made. she some how "blew" the sand away and nestled into that cave for days and still goes back there all the time. This started a couple days after I put her in the tank. Even though her and her mate have BTAs and have both been in them, she spends more time down there than in her BTA. The little man never leaves the BTA. No aggression what so ever. As a matter of fact, she is the one that harrasses most of the other tank mates. Drove me crazy looking for that fish. I also thought a rock crushed her. Good luck. Look around with a flash light when lights are out tonight.

Jiddy

Thanks Warnberg, you know if you really wanted to make me happy you would just send me one of your black clowns, lol.

And thanks Angnak, your the first person to actually tell me that they have been in the same shoes. The kicker was the fish was happy at first, i sure do hope she shows up, ill look tonite when lights out

Ken, i would keep you updated but you might give me neg feedback again, lol. Look in every crevice and line, sump again today, no clues or body......

Kensn

It was a newbie mistake I assure you. I will make it up to ya!! I am dissapointed, as are you I am sure, that he hasn't made an appearance yet. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.

Jiddy

Doni, i did the whole check over- floor, sump, overflow, rock, lid, piping thing again today, and still couldnt find a body. I dont get it, but im sure he is gone :( The little one is still happy as can be, swimming around and be friendly when i come to the glass

Woodstock

RS STAFF
:( sorry Jiddy. You should purchase another med-large sized clown for the little guy.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I recently gave away a breeding pair of ocellaris that I had for over 5 yrs... You're a tad late! :tongue:

Jiddy

Well Elmo breeds them, but he wont respond to my PM's, lol. I might have to venture to the 3rd LFS that no one in there right mine goes to, just to see what they have

Jiddy

Woodstock said:
I recently gave away a breeding pair of ocellaris that I had for over 5 yrs... You're a tad late! :tongue:

Oh thats okay Doni, i recently was told by some local millionaire to give a new car to all my friends named Doni, but i figured you already had a car so you didnt need another one! :turntable

corvettephreek

i know what it feels like to have a new fish go mia.... i had a gumdrop goby disappear in a 2.5gal nano!!!! and the same night a white watchman go MIA as well. i think some of our LFS's are selling magic fish. they disappear s0 you can get more fish. good luck!!!

Jiddy

I agree with Will, either that or my moorish idol help him get into the filter then he jumped ina pelicans mouth and the bird dropped him into the water so he could be reunited with his father.

Of course my other one is missing today, did water check and parameters are fine. The YT is fine, and trust me she didnt do it. Since ive lost 3 small fish at night im starting to think maybe i have a creature in there??? But i bought my LR from a fellow reefer who never had any problems, and that was a 65gal tank. In fact the 3rd fish ive lost at night (blueReef damsel) was living in that tank for some time. so that doesnt really make sense? None the less i was going to buy a new clown today but i think that idea is done, lol. I dont get it

Warnberg

Well Jiddy, I would set a trap, aka mantis trap... or you may have a fish eating brittle star in there.... another way to find out is get yourself some shrimp (table kind) and use it as bait at night and see what comes a looking for it.... never know what you may find..

Oh and by the way, you where looking for some black clown (breeding pair) I found a pair, once I find the link I'll send it your way... I think they where like 129.00 for the pair.

Good luck