Merry Christmas Zack

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
Nick, he will probably forget about the tank when the girls start paying attention, then one day when he gets his heart broken, he will look at the tank, and go Cool! When did all those frags grow out! I look at it as an investment in therapy for the poor chap. You know what women do to us guys!

Maxx

This is a very cool idea Patrick. A great example of the spirit of giving. Thank you for letting us share in this w/ you.
Nick

Maxx

Curt,
since you're such good friends w/ a certain salt manufacturer, ask him to donate some!!!!:D :p :D
Nick

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
I know where I can get an ocean runner 2500 for cheap! I am going to see if I can drill the tank for a closed loop!

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
I can see Zack now staring at his beautiful little piece of the ocean and thinking how beautiful and mysterious it really is and then glancing over at his "hot babe" girlfriend and then the decision process really begins!!:D

Hint: Just remember Zack they both can be high maintenance!;)

Well for me I will take the reef aquarium!:help:

Witfull

this is what make RS so special, everyone helping and giving!!
everyone is great here. spread the love and pass the addiction!!!

skeletor121

I don't have any equipment to donate since I don't have a saltwater tank at all yet. If you still need some help in Jan I will try to donate some $ to your paypal account. I don't know why you are doing this, but it seems like it is for a good cause. I'm glad I decided to join this forum, seeing as so many people are willing to help out (and not just with my stupid questions!). Merry Christmas, Zach!

SaltyQueen

just wondering- if he has permission to have a 10 gallon tank, why'd you get him a 15 gallon tank? This isn't going to be a problem with his parents is it???

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
15 gallon is the same foot print as a 10 gallon. He cannot go any bigger than the foot print of a 10 gallon!!! And we all know the more water volume the better!

Gina

RS STAFF
StoneyReef,

Glad to help out. It feels good for us too! Please have Zach post some pics when things get going so we can see how it turns out!

Gina

StoneyReef

No Longer a Member
Well everyone, I have to say thank you! I believe the tank set up is complete.

Several monetary donations, several people are shipping new stuff from premium, several donations from peoples equipment piles. WOW we WOW!

So we have:
Tank
Stand
Hood
kalk reactor
two powerheads
all the test kits
hydrometer
lighting ballasts
Even Daniel Knops Clam book!

There are only two things missing, one 55w PC bulb and a mag cleaner.

I believe the monetary donations will cover the cost of those and some salt mix. The tank will cycle for a month, and then we should be in the middle of february, and able to do an online order of clean up critters. I need a restock of critters myself so I will just get a 100 snail pack when I get mine. We have all kinds of frags. I have talked to my local clients and they are throwing some base rock in their sumps for him to compliment my live rock. Several others are fragging corals this weekend to give them a chance to encrust.

I will be watching the board classifieds for 175w bulbs over the next month so I can get him a MH set up if possible. This is going to be one rocking tank!

I cannot believe the generosity of the people here! This is just simply amazing.

I told Zack today and showed him the thread, he was litterally speachless in chat!

I want to say thank you all once again! This is an amazing thing when the sum of the parts is going to be greater than the whole!

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Nick, don't you think Teri has enough stress in her life right now....you had to bring THAT up?