MDK's S650

Mdk16

Glad you guys mentioned that, I would have blown up the fridge. Who knew? Thanks, one less thing to worry about.

Mdk16

Some pics of my new RO unit, solenoid switches and float valves. Already making water, have not had the motivation yet to climb through my south florida attic in the heat of the summer to run the hose to the tank.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Being in Charleston sc I understand not wanting to do much. Man it is a hot humid summer!

Mdk16

Sold my chiller today. Making room in the cabinet for an apex.

Also, saw a Beautiful blond naso today at a new store. Really impressed as they quarantine all fish for 14 days before selling and actually wanted me to come back to test my water before selling the fish. That has never happened to me before. Hope they stay in business.

Oxylebius

Going on 4 months without a pict doc. Just sayin...

Very true. I can post some pics later. The tank looks essentially the same. I lost some corals over the last few months so it looks kinda bare. Waiting for things to grow a bit now. I have everything dialed in now.

Posting a pic now while bare and then posting another pic later on allows for seeing a time series on progress. Which are always fun!
:poke:

Mdk16

I love the green nem and torch! i Just added a single head green torch! Looks good mate!

Thanks Seth. Unfortunately I lost the torch a few weeks back. It was looking great and then it was gone. I can't seem to keep them alive. I've tried three or four at all levels off the tank and they all eventually die. The nem is alive but looks nothing like it did. It's now almost white and moved towards the back of the tank. Hopefully it will bounce back. Maybe it's time to start dosing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

hmmm, thats really strange! besides for the usual nutrient levels check, i would question whether they had too much or too little flow. I have placed mine in the bottom third of the tank, and they seem to be flourishing there. Im not sure what else I can tell you... I would highly recommend dosing. I dose Calc/strodium, Mag, Alk, nitrate remover, phosphate remover, and trace elements. I also run a small fuge in the sump with LR and some macros. But i find that dosing has allowed me to keep my levels spot on, and can minimise the need for water changes to about every 3-4 weeks. Keep an eye on the hem tho, if he starts to deteriorate he will release toxins into the water very quickly, and thing can go very bad very quickly! I hope things go well from here on in! do you use a filter sock?

DaddyTLi

I read somewhere that nems move when there is an issue with food, flow, and lighting.... ah, it was one of those quiz from Pacific east aquaculture site.

Mdk16

I have an opportunity to pickup a reef octopus super reef 3000 internal skimmer with bubble pump. I really want to move away from the Cskim. I believe I would need to put it in the left portion of the sump. It's rated to 300 gallons and looks like a beast. Any thoughts or experience with this skimmer?

Choff

I have it Matt and it's awesome. If there is room, I highly, highly recommend the auto neck cleaner. If you attach a collection jug you won't have to touch your skimmer for a month.

...stupid auto correct