Max 250 temperature control

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Just as some background to this post... the original RSM 250 tanks all had hydor pumps & were related to heat... the Sicce pumps addressed this problem.... though Red Sea never "officially" omitted to it, they did solve this problem with the Sicce pumps - will add... imo

reeferman

at 6-7 notches down,i would never get anything from the skimmer.i keep mine up at the highest level,maybe thats why im completely satisfied with stock skimmer and almost everyone else complains about it.i figured that out by trial and error.maybe all the other unhappy 250 skimmer owners were running their tanks at that level,therefore making the skimmer MUCH less efficient.cant blame them though,they were just doing what Red Sea advised.if i kept mine at those levels,im certain i would be unhappy with my skimmer also.i know this thread is about temp but i think it deserved mentioning as so many are displeased with their stock skimmers.water level definitely has an impact on my skimmer.i wasnt on RS when this thread started so this is the first time im seeing the 6-7 notches down info.we may have inadvertantly solved another problem if 250 owners are running that low a level.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great Feedback & relevant info Reggie - thanks for sharing !

I was hoping a bump would help some RSM 250 owners ! It's all about helping everyone in the RSM Club have success !