Mav's Elos Mini

Mavjoy

I finally picked up my Elos mini today at my LFS. I really felt like a kid again when I got it home..LOL. I got the whole set up except the lights. Everything looked great especially the tank...really like the low profile of the overflow box. All my remaining LS are still at the store and will get them back once I get this tank all ready.

I took some teaser pics but more to come...

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8252.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

IMG_8254.jpg

For lights, I might go for the AI Sol Blue fixture 'cause of its functionality and not sure if I'm going BB or larger grain of sand. I'm gonna run it stock for now and will make adjustments later when needed.

It's good to be back and really excited with this build. More pics to come.....

catran

Wow Mav, that's going to be awesome! Those AI Blue's are really cool too. I can't wait to see more...heck, I'm excited for you!

Mavjoy

Thanks everyone! I'll be getting the hardware by tonight and hopefully I'll have the tank and stand up. Hopefully more pics..hehe.

Dweezil

I love all your tanks Mav and think this will be another great tank..looking forward to more pictures.

Mavjoy

I love all your tanks Mav and think this will be another great tank..looking forward to more pictures.

Thanks Tammy! I'm really looking forward with this tank and super excited..hehe. I'll get more pics up, hopefully by tomorrow.

Mavjoy

Here are some new pics and getting closer each day or week...lol

IMG_8259.jpg

IMG_8261.jpg

IMG_8284.jpg

I'll be using large grain of sand this time around so I can turn my Vortech up for optimal flow. I got some leftover rocks from my old tank plus adding more of some new Key Largo rocks from Macro rocks. Minimalistic approach is best for this size of a cube tank, IMO.

My LS plans will be my Maroon Clown and Midas Blenny and the leftover corals from my old tank(2 chalices, acan and zoas). I do plan on getting some SPS after a couple of months or so 'til my parameters are stable.

Hardware will be my RKL with temp probe, dosing pumps plus 2 part when it calls for, MP10 for flow, 150w eheim glass heater, NS100 skimmer(not final yet) or BM NAC 3.5 and a LED fixture( hopefully an AI Super Sol Blue).

I'll get more pics up once I finally decide on the final spot of the tank with water.

Mavjoy

Thanks Eric and Terry! I will try to take it slow this time...said that before...lol. I'll be planning the scape this week to get most of the space. Hopefully I can get water inside by next week.

Mavjoy

Here are some updated pics of the tank..getting closer and should have water by tomorrow..

IMG_8904.jpg

IMG_8912.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

another scape but very similar to the 1st one..hehe
IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8927.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

I really like the 3 rock scape for now but it might change once I add some water...more pics coming