MatroxD mad 180 build thread..

MatroxD

Well, new member to the family and hopefully my last fish.. I have been waiting another goat for this tank and I finally have one.. It is acclimating as I type this. But I'm very excited and hopeful...
675d9f90ca0c22b32cf8d346c18ffb9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920F using Tapatalk

MatroxD

ell, I haven't updated my thread in a while.. Three has been a few issues in the system.. Primarily phosphate issues.. It all began when brs ran out of their hc Gfo for a good little while.. This left me scrambling trying to find another Gfo that worked as well.. I tried rowa, aquaforest, and pura. None worked as well..

Shop, I've had ales on my one overflow box and been battling it for the last couple months.. I've lost a few pieces unfortunately as a result.. The one that hurt the most was my green monti cap with blue polyps.. I grew it, just like the rest from tiny frags, and it had gotten to dinner plate size, and had begun to multi layer.. It was quite a sting.. But.. Life goes on.. Things have slowed growing unfortunately, but I'm fighting to get it ask back on track..

The big thing is were moving this weekend and of course that means the system is being relocated also.. I'm a little nervous, but I think myself and my reef bud have it covered.. It's going to be quite a task, but I think we have the skill to achieve the goal..

However, I have decided to try bare bottom, to rid myself of the build-up of detritus, sand storms, and also, be able to run my pumps full blast! So I will, probably in the upcoming months, upgrade my rw15 to another rw20.. I've read and been told that with the bare bottom, that the corraline grows on the bottom extremely quickly, so having that pink down there would and will look awesome I think.. Also, I think I'm going to put all of the rock back in the main display. Just to cover more area.. The filefish is going to love it, as there is some stray aptasia in the rock in the sump.. Lol, the one thing I don't look forward to is the eel and his crazy ways, getting him out.. Lol.. But hopefully everything will go smooth..

MatroxD

Here are the little pics.. Cray phone pics, but it's just progression..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1466726522665.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466726522665.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 7
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466726531079.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466726531079.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466726540608.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466726540608.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466726548610.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466726548610.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466726553897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466726553897.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466726562451.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466726562451.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1466726569753.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1466726569753.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 8

shark32

Good luck with your move! I was very stressed out when I upgraded my tank and in doing so, moved it just to another room! Trying to get everyone out and settled again is very nerve racking indeed! Hope all goes well :)

MatroxD

Good luck with your move! I was very stressed out when I upgraded my tank and in doing so, moved it just to another room! Trying to get everyone out and settled again is very nerve racking indeed! Hope all goes well :)
Thanks much.. I'm extremely nervous.. I hope I can get some sleep.. I need to be up around 430 to 5.. The thing I'm nervous about us we only have a few hours to break it down.. And that's a lot of water.. But the good thing is the movers are moving the actual tanks.. We just need toto get the water, coral and life out of the system, drain it(I've got a sicce 2.0 for draining, so I was told that pump should drain it in about half an hour.. So that's my hope.. That and the sand, getting that out..

But thank you, I truly appreciate it massively.. I will update either tomorrow evening or Sunday. It just depends on how hurt I am.. Lol..
Thanks much.. I'm extremely nervous.. I hope I can get some sleep.. I need to be up around 430 to 5.. The thing I'm nervous about us we only have a few hours to break it down.. And that's a lot of water.. But the good thing is the movers are moving the actual tanks.. We just need toto get the water, coral and life out of the system, drain it(I've got a sicce 2.0 for draining, so I was told that part

But thank you, I truly appreciate it massively.. I will update either tomorrow evening or Sunday. It just depends on how

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MatroxD

Hope all went well with your move!
Thanks much.

It didn't go as well as I would have liked, nor in past moves. I lost a lot of fish this time.. It was a disappointing, and learning experience..

Maybe I had always been lucky, as I was told that generally you do lose "some" animals.. I have never lost any.. But, I also was told, and didn't know, that larger fish udder more oxygen, and faster.. A lot of the time was due to the movers.. But I learned a lot in one day..

I'm exhausted and hurting physically though. But back to the 9 to 5..

MatroxD

I am sorry to hear your lost your fish :( ... that is never a good feeling... it stinks to have to learn the hard way; hopefully whoever made it, settles in well..
Thank you shark.. Things look a little rough right now but I'm giving it time. I'm making a few changes to the system since I can, and also an experiment. I'm going to try another algea scrubber. I wanted to do a slanted design, but alas, I just will try a vertical with my overpowered fuge light.. It's so strong that I'm hoping it will work.. I built it already with the exception of the screen and the slot for the screen. I also built a little manifold to eliminate all the pumps..
c59015bbeb2f39891e009f8b30ab2678.jpg

Is running well, right now feeding the calcium reactor and water and wait testing for the scrubber to go online(i need another piece of pvc.. Lol.. But I will go grab that in a few, to finish up..

But thats it so far..

MatroxD

I haven't posted in a bit.. been extremely busy.. But I took a quick vid to experiment with my new phone. I still need to learn to use it better, as the video faded in and out of blue. But not to shabby for my first time ever using it..

from note 7

MatroxD

Matrox, I just went thru this thread. I'm just now at the 1st freshwater run on my new 180. Your tank is awesome ! I hope I can come close . Thanks for the inspiration !
Thanks dude.. I'm still working on and with it.. And I'm sure thou will be good with yours..

from note 7