MarvinsReef 110g Clownfish/Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

Original Birthday: 07-22-06; Re-birth: 12-01-07

Tank Specs:
- 32g breeder (24"L x 18"W x 18"H)
- 22g fuge/sump (24"L x 12"W x 18"H)
- Lighting (250w MH SE w/ 20k Radium bulb)
- Skimmer (Tunze Nano DC 9002)
- Flow (Mag 7 return pump; {2} Koralia 2 powerhead)

Corals: zoas and palys, Aussie acan lords, few select LPS & softies
Fishes: Lineatus fairy wrasse, Golden Rhomboid fairy wrasse, HI Flame fairy wrasse, Red Sea 8 Line flasher wrasse, paired Oscellaries clowns

------------------------------------------------
Latest FTS: 06-28-08 -- starting over again...

06-28-08_FTS_3.jpg

Weekly Routine

Monday: Reef Plus by Seachem (2 capfuls)

Tuesday: Enjoy the tank...

Wednesday: Reef Calcium w/ RO water (1 spoonful); after 1+ hr(s) Reef Builder w/ RO water (1/2 spoonful);
---------- also, Magnesium supp (Kent Marine Tech M) (2 capfuls)

Thursday: Enjoy the tank...

Friday: Reef Plus by Seachem (2 capfuls)

Saturday: Enjoy the tank...

Sunday: Enjoy the tank...

Repeat the week... oh yeah, around 3rd or 4th week of the month, I replace the Monday or Friday dosing w/ 15%-20% water change.. I use RO water and Reef Crystals... I feed my tank a combination of Mysis, Rod's Food, Frozen Cyclopeeze, and Formula 1 twice a day..

Recent progressions shots

06-28-07
06-28-07FTS_1.jpg

08-05-07
08-05-07_FTS.jpg

11-20-07
FTS_11-20-07_XL.jpg

12-09-07
FTS_12-09-07.jpg

12-18-07
FTS_12-18-07a.jpg

06-01-08
06-01-08_FTS.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
*WOW*

I think I just shorted out my keyboard drooling

ASET QEWRT Q%Y %Y%^& $4t q536 56 Q#%^ 36 36 $^T4

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Is that a "Toadstool" that's mostly in the back left? In the last pic it looks GONE!!

MarvinsReef

*WOW*

I think I just shorted out my keyboard drooling

ASET QEWRT Q%Y %Y%^& $4t q536 56 Q#%^ 36 36 $^T4

Very Very very nice... wow.. Love the colors and the rock work...
Thanks... :)

Is that a "Toadstool" that's mostly in the back left? In the last pic it looks GONE!!
yeah, it's a Tyree Neon Green Toadstool.. I bought a frag quartersize and grew it to almost 4"-5".. I finally had my friend frag it and I kept a good size frag.. my friend pretty cut a nice size of the outside circle, probably 2"... we were able to get about 10 frags.. I still need to check up on the frags... last time I saw them, they were doing pretty good... but they should look better now.. :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
....I still need to check up on the frags... last time I saw them, they were doing pretty good... but they should look better now.. :)

you REALLY should "Hook a brother UP" on one of those frags. I would LOVE to work something out on your next "Frag Adventure" on that one.

A.

MarvinsReef

you REALLY should "Hook a brother UP" on one of those frags. I would LOVE to work something out on your next "Frag Adventure" on that one.

A.

^^I'll take one too. Very nice tank.That is a big yuma, and rare coloring.
Thanks.. I'll see how the frags are sometime this month.. I've been very busy lately and I haven't been able to stop by my friend's house to pick up the rest of my frags.. :(

MarvinsReef

in the meantime, enjoy these top down shots that I took recently... excuse the lack of growth.. still trying to re-grow things since the re-birth... I hope to get a nicely grown tank in the next year... :)

06-28-08_TopDown_1.jpg

06-28-08_TopDown_2.jpg

06-28-08_TopDown_3.jpg

some zoas and palys close ups...
06-28-08_Applez.jpg

06-28-08_Raptors.jpg

06-28-08_Rastas.jpg

06-28-08_Zippz.jpg

DAHansen

If I end up with a softy tank... more and more likely every day... It's all going to be YOUR fault.

At least that's what I'll tell the Mrs... :)

SeahorseBT

DROOL! You have to offer us some frag packs here. You have such a sweet collection!Do you get your zoas from a LFS or website?

MarvinsReef

If I end up with a softy tank... more and more likely every day... It's all going to be YOUR fault.

At least that's what I'll tell the Mrs... :)
:D :) :D

DROOL! You have to offer us some frag packs here. You have such a sweet collection!Do you get your zoas from a LFS or website?
Thanks.. :)

as for frag packs, it's all in due time... I have limited supply atm but I rotate my fragging schedule with almost all my zoas and palys morphs... I also like to keep back ups of each morph just to be on the safe side... :)

more pics... some of my favorite LPS...
07-14-08_Aussie_1a.jpg

06-26-08_Aussielords_2.jpg

07-09-08_UFO.jpg

07-09-08_Peace2.jpg

07-09-08_Mummy.jpg

last but not the least, my only SPS in this tank... I've had her for almost 2 years..
06-28-08_SuperMan.jpg

kathywithbirds

Wait... you have a pair of Koralia 2s in a 32g tank? Wow your fish must be in good shape!! Between that and the 250MH you got a SWEET setup for those corals, it's gorgeous!!

MarvinsReef

sweet tank. you should enter your top down photos in the photo of the month contest.
Thanks.. where do I enter them? :)

I love all your zoas...they're so colorful!
thank you... :)

Wait... you have a pair of Koralia 2s in a 32g tank? Wow your fish must be in good shape!! Between that and the 250MH you got a SWEET setup for those corals, it's gorgeous!!
Thanks.... yeah, the fishes enjoy the flow but I think it's not enough sometimes... if I have time to re-do the lighting, I'd like to change it up with a 175w SE or 150w DE w/ (4) T-5's.. dunno what bulb combination yet... I think that the 250w is too much sometimes... it takes some of the zoas and palys a little bit of time to acclimate but once they do, they take off pretty well.. :)

MarvinsReef

since we are on a new page, I'd like to post some new pics.. here's a few other zoas and palys morphs.. :D

True GPE's... note the blue center around the green slit which is the "true" characteric of the True GPE's..
06-27-08_GPE.jpg

OPE... gotta take a pic of momma.. ;)
06-27-08_OPE.jpg

Rainbow morph..
06-27-08_Rainbow_1.jpg

Saber palys.. pretty neat orange paly...
06-11-08_Saberz.jpg

P. Grandis.. still coloring up..
06-11-08_Grandis.jpg

BackDrafts.. very close or IMHO, same as Darth Mauls..
06-01-08_Drafts.jpg

Pink Elephants..
06-01-08_Elephants.jpg

Purple Deaths..
PD.jpg

SeahorseBT

I want your zoas so bad.You can enter your pics by uploading them to the gallery and you could win $50 if your photo wins.