mantoots first tank

ziggy

re: mantoots first tank

Nice pics! welcome

What is the shrimp on the back of the rock?

Mantoots

It's a peppermint shrimp, just got him today as we aiptasia have so he's still settling in

josepexx

If the shrimp method not going to work you should try Aiptasia X from Red Sea works great!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Mantoots

Thanks guys, just checked my tank over really well and saw 2 very small mushroom coral (as far as I can tell) and 4-5 tiny tiny feather corals (see through nearly on the crown)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM

Sounds great! Looking forward to following your journey!

Mantoots

Just done my first water test myself and it seems to be great apart from the nitrate level is a little high :-(

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM

Is this tank cycled? If so, a water change will help your high Nitrates.

ziggy

Just done my first water test myself and it seems to be great apart from the nitrate level is a little high :-(

What did you measure for " High"

Since your tank is new and dynamic still things will swing

Below 10 should be steady as you go with weekly 10% water changes

Mantoots

Hello all you guys, finally got round to a update, I've finally made real progress with the tank. I've now got algae to cover up the filter at the back. A new fish and a new coral.

image by mantoots, on Flickr

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Mantoots

Hey guys, quick update. Had a few issues with nuisance worms recently but now got round to getting a update out there. Got a cardinal in and a huge toadstool. Looking great now

image by mantoots, on Flickr