Macor's RSM 250 build

macor64

Yes...that's a brain. My own brain looks similar :)

Avatar: Will and Bill the krill :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

macor64

I think my Montipora may be getting sick. It's got some white areas and the color is fading. Looks like it may be bleaching. Any recommendations on how to proceed?

macor64

Lost my hammer coral :( never really saw it, but I wonder if my tang was nipping at it because it was near it's "territory"? Lesson learned. In the meantime, the lobed brain is still one of my favorites and really opens up to feed :)

IMAG0438.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear you lost your hammer ! Never have heard of a tang nipping one, the Trachyphylliidae brain is a gorgeous one !

macor64

after losing my hammer...I started watching my torch closely and, darn it, it's exhibiting some of the same signs as the hammer did. some brown polyps showed signs of decaying...and I'm concerned that this one may be heading the same way the hammer did :(

in this picture it may be hard to tell, but the upper right corner is bare skeleton, where it didn't exist before. any ideas??

IMAG0452.jpg

macor64

unfortunately, it looks like it is BJD...the torch is almost completely gone. Gonna remove it and start looking up options to "cure" my tank of what may still be in it. I did a 25% water change after removing the torch tonight. On the positive side, a co-worker happen to see pictures of my tank and offered some coral from his over stocked tank. I told him to hang on for a couple of weeks to see if I can stabilize my system. finger crossed :)

macor64

I think I've got the tank stable again. the other coral appear to be doing OK a couple of weeks after the BJD issue that claimed some victims. A friend has offered some beauties from his tank. But before I accept, does anyone know what this one is?

IMAG0473.jpg