MACNA/Reefapalooza

Choff

Hey all, have any of you been to either of these events or any other reef type shows? Thinking about checking them out. I have heard of MACNA and based on sponsors speakers this seems to be the premier one, but I kind of want to go to Reefapalooza because of the location. Never been to SoCal and would love to check out LA and SD. MACNA is in Miami, while great fun, I have been there many times.

Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Thanks!

Choff

Thanks Steve, looks like you guys had some fun. Just went through the entire thread.

Full disclosure, wife actually bought me the trip for my b-day. She did it as an orbitz gift card because she didn't know which one I would want to go to. MAX, Reefapalooza or Macna. I quickly ruled out MAX and 99.99% certain it will be MACNA.

yankieman

I have been to the last 2 MACNAs and plan on going next year to FL ,, I have a great time , was fun to hang out with Steve ,and John , and as Steve said lots of good talks to go , there was so much going on I actually missed a couple talks I wanted to see ,, there is no time in 3 days to get bored, , I would recommend MACNA to anyone, but get your tickets early ,,,,,,,,

steved13

PREMIUM
Choff, Make sure you check the MACNA prices. The resort is $200 or $300 per night but through MACNA it's something like $129. I'm not sure if you can do it through Orbitz or not, and maybe Orbitz is better for all I know, but I just wanted to throw it out there for you.

You've probably already seen this but here it is anyway:

- MACNA 2013

yankieman

I think to get the special pricing of $129 per nite you need to go through the MACNA 2013 web site and reserve the room , heck they dont charge nothing till you check in anyway so might as well reserve it,,,

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
MACNA was great this year. I highly recommend it. The MACNA in Florida is planning some extra events the day before and day after. I think one of them was visiting the coral restoration program and snorkeling or scuba. They also scheduled it on Labor Day which makes it more convenient for most people who may already have some time off. I plan on going in 2013.

Choff

Sweet John, will see you there! We just booked through MACNA as Yankie suggested. 129/night. Going Thursday to Monday as of now.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
My wife and I are planning to attend MACNA 2013 as well. We went to MACNA 2008 and met up with some great people from RS and made some (hopefully) life long friends. We had an absolute BLAST and I think 2013 is only going to be BETTER!!

Can't wait to see more of you RS'ers are MACNA this year :)

lbiminiblue

Hey all, have any of you been to either of these events or any other reef type shows? Thinking about checking them out. I have heard of MACNA and based on sponsors speakers this seems to be the premier one, but I kind of want to go to Reefapalooza because of the location. Never been to SoCal and would love to check out LA and SD. MACNA is in Miami, while great fun, I have been there many times.

Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Thanks!
What exactly goes on? I'm in Miami and I've been meaning to go to a frag swap/MAS type event for a while...anyone have info for when it happens in Miami?