MACNA 2008.... in da books

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ok we're home..... I'll post some pics and if anyone wants to add please do... I wish I would have had my camera last night but alas I didn't...

My lovely wife hanging with me
IMG_5135.jpg

our Hotel after a recent storm damaged many windows
IMG_5145.jpg

can you say DREAM tank
IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

the Georgia Aquarium
Ever wanted to PET an Anemone? Here was your chance
IMG_5159.jpg

Got CRABS?
IMG_5161.jpg

Whales = cute? You betcha :)
IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

Reef Tank
IMG_5168.jpg

IMG_5169.jpg

this is a pic of their 28 gallon NANO Tang Tank (LOL)
IMG_5171.jpg

My lovely wife
IMG_5172.jpg

Do I look scared? (I'm NOT!!)
IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5194.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Cool Allen! Did the wife approve a larger aquarium now? You two make an awesome couple buddy! :)

mps9506

I didn't take many photos and a lot that I took were pretty garbage looking. It was a pleasure meeting BigAl07, lstorc, Dentoid, BarbM, Amphibous, Boomer, Claude from Fauna Marine and several others. I think I just missed Framerguy...

Georgia Aquarium:

Big reef tank equipped with some type of surge system. I don't know the details on the system because I didn't get the behind the scenes tour, but it is awesome looking.
macna1.jpg

The new Manta Ray just recently added to the display exhibit with the whale sharks.
macna2.jpg

One of the whale sharks, with a school of Golden trevallys that always follow it
macna3.jpg

This kind of gives you a scale of how tall the tank is, but my camera could only catch half of the height of the tank, so just double it, then imagine that height going around a football field :)
macna4.jpg

Niko the Beluga whale, very fun to watch him interact with people through the acrylic and play with the bubbles he blew out his mouth
macna5.jpg

Al posted this, but it was a VERY impressive display
macna6.jpg

One of the Rhinos in there (they also had frog fish in the level below, and tangs and wrasses below that):
macna7.jpg

Ecotech showing the wavemaking function of their controller and pumps:
macna8.jpg

macna9.jpg

Tunze showed off their nano wave box but I didn't get a picture.

ORA had some beautiful tanks setup, and gave away 50 frags, 15 clams, 2 pairs of snowflakes, 2 pairs of picassos, some regular percs and some black percs, as well as the rest of the fish in their displays.
macna12.jpg

macna10.jpg

macna11.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
thanks bro!!

Well she's always been "on board" for a 300g+ tank. We're currently reviewing our house plans to accomodate it into the new house when we build it. One thing that did chance is I fell in LOVE with the 3 tier Zero Edge design that Live Aquaria displayed. I don't think I'll try that one but it's VERY possible that we may add a Zero-Edge unit somewhere in our main living space. I'm planning to do some in-depth research into them as I don't know anyone who's had one long-term to see first hand. I don't want to jump into something as a "Pioneer" or sorts. It's just amazing to have such a "Top-Down" tank for everyone to enjoy.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Mike you got some GREAT pics buddy! thanks for sharing :D

I think I spent so much time at the 3 tier display they started thinking I worked for them :lol: and I know you spent some time over there too :)

mps9506

BTW the Atl. Reef club put together and AWESOME event. The venue for the banquet was perfect, got to eat great food while watching whale sharks on one side and beluga whales on the other. The speakers were great, a lot of focus on conservation and moving our hobby towards more sustainability which I enjoyed.
And for UFC fans there were quite a few UFC fighters staying in the hotel as well for the fight Saturday night.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have been searching for a nano model to copy. I just might take up that three tier thing. It is very cool looking~
Was Zeovit there?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Scott from Aquarium Specialties is an awesome guy. Very fast service and response when I was in trouble and out of a product last week. We need to get him on board here. Wasn't he a sponsor at one time?

jonathan10

It was great meeting eveyone! Sorry we didn't make the banquet but the girlfriend came down with some 24hr bug that kinda squashed the idea of going!

And that three tier tank was a beauty!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hey buddy! We were wondering about yall!

Sorry she got the bug. She's not the only one either... must have been a lot of it going around. Hopefully she's all better now though!!

Hope you had a blast!! I know we did :)

jonathan10

Yeah she is good now! But now I have brought home an ear infection...thinkin' there must have been something in the hotel room....lol!

But yeah we had a great time and really enjoyed getting to meet you guys and experience MACNA for the first time!

jonathan10

And i swear just over the weekend that my tank changed so much! I have new zoas growing all over the place and feather dusters and sponge! I'm thinking I need to go out of town more often!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:lol: My tanks always THRIVE when I'm out of town. I've thought about just "Telling them" I'm going out of town more often :D