Lost my first animals....

Bathtub

Yup makes perfect sense, as there were crabby bits floating around, and he has come out today and gone back into the same hidey hole again...
So I've had the tank running for 3 weeks with livestock in and have had a crab and shrimp molt already scaring the life outta me...

Bathtub

Bloody thing went back to his hidey hole and hasn't come out since.... If I hadn't seen him I'd be going crazy!

Bathtub

He's back in full force- owning the tank (after mungo the sea hare)... Lois great as well. Damn how can someone become so attached to a crab...
Now I just need to the eunicid worm before it gets the crab.
"nuke it from space, it's the only way to be sure". Ripley- Aliens...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Interesting Roy - I wonder if that thing is strong enough to penetrate glass and water and vaporize pest anemones? Looks pretty dangerous if misused.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've seen PaulB's method before, but it's a bit scary using electrodes in the tank, plus that method releases chlorine gas (and maybe even metallic sodium) - both are poisonous and lethal stuff. With the amount of Majanos I've killed off I probably would have gassed myself and/or killed my tank. I used to wonder if it was the current that killed them, the chlorine gas, or a combination of the two.

Bathtub

I think the laser wouldn't work because as soon as anything felt the heat it would move or donuts defence thing which is pretty nasty....
BUT if you carried this down a fibre optic cable so you were giving full power up close...... That may work.....
Expensive to test out unfortunately, but you would get something that looks like a light sabre and a legitimate reason to make pew pew noises.
Last worry, if the clowns (for example) swim in front of the beam...... Oooops...

Bathtub

here' s the fella all the worries were over....
looks ok to me!

thesituation.jpg

Bathtub

thanks- still struggling to get good focus / white balance.. posted a few more in my tank thread- I like the urchin one a lot