Looking for new L.E.D. lighting options

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Haha Al any form of controller is at the bottom of my wish list. If my lights can go on/off on their own at a set time without me flipping the switch then that is ok with me. I'm never home when the lights go on anyway, so sunrise isn't a needed option for me.

I'm just teasing ya Rob (I'm serious around the visit Lynn :) )

Keeping it simple goes a LONG way in this hobby :)

lcstorc

AL you have been teasing me with that line for years. I'm not falling for it now. I will keep the guest room ready if you ever do make it this way. :)
I talked to Frank last night and he is going to get with one of the engineers who built some really cool stuff for him when he worked on the shuttle. Apparently he is going to either get him to fix the Solaris or come up with something better. We'll see what happens.
Meanwhile keep the ideas coming. I am not holding my breath for his answer since my anemone is already stretched way out trying to get to one of the lights. The two ends of the tank are lit and the center is dark right now.

lcstorc

I forgot to post back on this thread.
After an evening of puzzled looks and moving this and that and whatever Frank and one of his buddies were able to get the Solaris back up and running.
Not only that but apparently they figured out the logic in the wiring which is apparently very odd so he should be able to fix some of the problems we may have in the future.
He is now looking for an extra bank of LEDs for the I series if anybody has one around. He wants it as a spare. All of ours are good now but he wants to have them around.
Meanwhile you guys have given me some great ideas for when I upgrade the lighting on my 90g.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hey - that's great news on getting the Solaris running again! Good luck on the search for a spare bank of the LEDs.