Looking for an overflow?

Jeremy0322

I have been mentioning it on here every now and then, and actually making a thread for it might be more helpful. I have used these on both of my tanks and dont think I will ever buy a reef ready tank, its much cheaper this way. You can make them in alot of dimensions, as overflow boxes or complete overflows(how I have been using them). I just got an inquiry about someone needing a type of box that glues onto the back wall of the tank around the bulkhead almost like a stationary overflow box. So, if you are interested post here or PM me and we will figure it out. I dont have complete prices yet, it wont cost a ton im sure, and I will be able to get a better cost once I know exactly what you want.

CIMG5872.jpg

DSCN0117.jpg

HPNX0095.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg

acer

Looking to build or buy a internal overflow for a 37 cube glass tank. It has a hole drilled in the center back panel about 6 inches down from the top. I have been told that if I build/buy and acrylic internal overflow box, I will have difficulty sealing it to the glass. True or not, suggestions, make it out of glass, help???

Jeremy0322

Looking to build or buy a internal overflow for a 37 cube glass tank. It has a hole drilled in the center back panel about 6 inches down from the top. I have been told that if I build/buy and acrylic internal overflow box, I will have difficulty sealing it to the glass. True or not, suggestions, make it out of glass, help???

The Lexan ones that I have used I have glued to the back of the tank with silicone and have not had a problem with them. I used the silicone for the lexan baffles in the sump too and have again, never had a problem with them.

acer

CAN YOU BUILD A LEXAN INTERNAL OVERFLOW FOR ME? Dimensions= 7" high (top to bottom) X 6 inches wide ( left to right) X 4 inch deep (front to back). Price, time , etc. send to backsoft@comcast.net = I am not on this website very often. Thanks

Jeremy0322

CAN YOU BUILD A LEXAN INTERNAL OVERFLOW FOR ME? Dimensions= 7" high (top to bottom) X 6 inches wide ( left to right) X 4 inch deep (front to back). Price, time , etc. send to backsoft@comcast.net = I am not on this website very often. Thanks

Is it going to be one of the ones that glue onto the back of the tank wall?

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Hey, can you make a bubble trap for my skimmer? It is a Reef Octo BH2000, and like all HOB skimmers makes bubbles, though really not so many. The outlet pipe is 2" in diameter. I was thinking of something along the line of the CPR bubble trap, but really don't care about the design as long as it has clean lines and works

Jeremy0322

Nova - you have PM

Acer - you have email

Clown - PM me exactly what you need with the dimensions and everything and we will go from there :thumbup:

Jeremy0322

Nova - Your stuff ready, so you have PM

Acer - Your stuff is ready, you have PM and email

Clown - You have PM, i need to know what you are exactly looking for along with dimensions and all that other good stuff...haha.

Jeremy0322

I just figured I would throw up a picture of my handy work, a little idea of what is being built and sent out. The one being shown below is 1 of 2 that I made, one for NOVA and the other for Acer, they are 4 inches deep, 6 inches wide, and 7 inches tall, all three sides have teeth. I also made 4 baffles for Nova which were 11 3/4" x 9 for his new sump. Here is a picture.

CIMG6512.jpg

Pricing varies depending on size and complexity, but these both went out for $35 a piece I think. I am currently taking orders, but this stuff usually takes a week or two to get cut and in my hands, so there is a delay between placing the order and actually getting it. These were pretty simple, I would like to try my hands at something a little more challenging, but currently have no more orders :(

novanosis

LOL!

What can be more complex??
Throw me an idea.

Oh and I am going to the Post office to pick up my goodies!!!!

I got 3 slips and had no idea you shipped them already. Cant wait.

Jeremy0322

Figured I would throw some more information into this thread since it seems to be kind of slow. There are a few ways to get a hold of me, you can either...

-PM me here on RS
-Reply to this thread, which I will then PM you more than likely
-Cells always on - 724-699-8841
-Email works too - Jeremy0322@gmail.com
-AOL Instant Messenger - Jeremy0322

I can make a bunch of stuff, all with pretty much any dimensions you would like.
-Small Aquariums
-Frag Racks
-Look Down Boxes
-Overflow Boxes
-Sump Baffles
-Lighting covers
-Bubble Trap boxes for skimmers
-Bio Ball boxes
-PROBABLY calc and phosban reactors, but they would have to be square, this stuff cant be bent by me)
-If you are even interested in getting a few pieces just to mess around with let me know, we can work something out.
-And pretty much anything else you can think of, just need you to tell me what you are looking for well enough for me to get an idea that I can put into Google SketchUp, then I send it back to you, you verify that, and we work it out.

Pricing varies depending on what you are looking for and complexity, so I am probably going to handle that on an individual basis. I can say, however, that I try very hard to match prices of similar products. Like with the look down boxes, they sell for around 30 bucks and I would be able to match that price, out of something much stronger and possibly larger depending on what you are looking for.

This stuff is much stronger than Acrylic, which is MUCH stronger than Glass. The Acrylic at Lowes says its 20x stronger than glass, and the Lexan sheets say its 250x stronger than glass I believe, which was for pretty thin stuff. The Lexan I use is 1/4 inch thick by the way.

So, if your interested or know someone who is you now know how to get a hold of me haha

Jeremy0322

do these come in black?

I could have swore I answered this already, internet cuts out sometimes, guess I didnt :(

Anyways, if you want individual parts of the box in black I can do that, but it will be out of Black Acrylic because I cant get the Lexan in black, where im getting it from does not use the black, only the clear. If it needs to be all black I can probably do that too, but the entire thing will be out of Acrylic. Just let me know what you need either thru PM of on here and I will see what we can do.

Jeremy0322

I made my first frag rack, it turned out really nicely. Also, I got an idea about a box, almost like a surface viewer box, but for a camera. Its deeper (6 inches deep) and has an extended back plate to support your camera. This sounds off, pics will be up tomorrow and it will make perfect sense. Its used to take pictures of corals from the top down because it gives you the ability to break the surface of the water to take the shots.

Willie McDaries

anyone that needs these any color other than clear,I have read over on reef central that some folks are using the krylon fusion paint,it works great and is fish safe.

Jeremy0322,thanx for the PM

Jeremy0322

Jeremy0322,is the lexan less expensive than the acrylic?

how are you cutting the teeth for the over flow?

Lexan is more expensive than acrylic, but I have a pretty nice connection at a place that uses a huge amount of it and can get it at a really reduced price.

As for the teeth, either a router is used or I have my grandfather take it to his mill and cut the teeth out of it. How he does it I am not sure, but next time I see him I will ask him.