Let's see those Coast-to-coast Calfo overflows ;)

Frankie

RS STAFF
After hearing the noise in my sump, I am begining to think I should have gone with a C2C on my 180 with full syphon. Is that something I can add later on without tearing down the tank?
I would empty it and do it right where you have the tank Chris. It could be done with your tank but I don't think you need it. Personally I will never build one inside the tank again. It causes light blockage into the display and can become an algae haven. I kept screens in mine when I was into more natural filtration methods and used it like an ATS (algae turf scrubber).

Rhodes19

I would empty it and do it right where you have the tank Chris. It could be done with your tank but I don't think you need it. Personally I will never build one inside the tank again. It causes light blockage into the display and can become an algae haven. I kept screens in mine when I was into more natural filtration methods and used it like an ATS (algae turf scrubber).

Hmm. Didn't think about light blockage or algea growth.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

I'm with Frankie here. No more OF in the tank.

And truer words were never spoken than "Algae Haven". I've literally pulled fists full of algae from inside of mine. It comes in cycles... 6 months algae haven then it just .... well vanishes for 6 months.... next one will be EXT without a doubt and most likely all black too.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Wouldn't a piece of black glass placed over box fix that problem for the most part? I'm not talking about directly on top but an inch or two above that should block most of the light.

Eric

Rhodes19

I'm with Frankie here. No more OF in the tank.

And truer words were never spoken than "Algae Haven". I've literally pulled fists full of algae from inside of mine. It comes in cycles... 6 months algae haven then it just .... well vanishes for 6 months.... next one will be EXT without a doubt and most likely all black too.

Thanks Allen. I'm tring to keep it simple. KISS. To much OF equals water on the floor? :smack: Sorry, just read your other post. I hope everything dried out ok.