Large HOB Fuge with light

DrHank

Here's a fuge for folks who don't have room for a fuge. In this picture, it's hanging on my 36" 65 gallon tank.
HOB-fuge-003.gif

This is a CPR AquaFuge Model AFLG. It's their large fuge. The light is a Coralife 24" Aqualight. It's a single tube PC 21" straight pin 65W 6700K. New retail for the pair is about $215 (Foster and Smith). A good deal (I think) at $125+ shipping. LMK if you have any questions.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Where were you a year ago when I was paying full RETAIL for all this good stuff?

Excellent FUGE and a good buy!!

DrHank

Full retail!!! Al, I can't believe it. You should have called me. Seriously, this is the Cadillac of HOB fuges.

brooks93

is this to much fuge for a 90 gal. also how high does it sit about the tank? I won't have a hood on my tank

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
is this to much fuge for a 90 gal. also how high does it sit about the tank? I won't have a hood on my tank

No it's not too much for a 90g. In fact I don't think you can HAVE too much fuge. but in his description he mentions this is ON a 65g tank. So it would work great on a 90g tank

:)

brooks93

I seen that he said on a 65.. I wan't concerned with the fit just if it was to much. I don't know what size is recommended or is more better. My main concern is the how high it will sit about the tank. I won't have a hood so I concerned it will take away from the tank if it sits to high.

thanks for the help on if its to much. I feel better about it now. (I don't mean that in a smart A$$ way either)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
No it's not too much..... honestly unless you get WAY out of whack you can't have too much. It's always adding water volume so that's a PLUS!!

Honestly it will sit slightly higher than the tank but you'll have some type of light up there which should block most of the "fuge" from being seen from the front.

I have a HOB fuge on my tank and LOVE it!!

Happy Reefing.

blue_eyes53813

HI All,,, Thanks for letting me add this on here Hank. I have the same fuge in my basement if anybody else is interested. Mine doesnt have the light it does have a pump that would be with it. I would let mine go for $75.00 because it doesnt have a light. Send me a pm if interested.

DrHank

See brooks93, sometimes you get a second chance. I wouldn't think about it very long. These are hot items. Ask Big Al!

blue_eyes53813

Brooks wanted me to post a picture of my fuge. It needs some more cleanign up but i have troubles getting some coraline algae marks off... Here it is. The pump is hard to see but it is sitting right in front of the fuge on the blue towel

Attachments

• refugium-for-sale.jpg
    refugium-for-sale.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 42

Frankie

RS STAFF
I always liked the pictures in the magazine of these refugiums. They look pretty cool if you take care of it.