Keeping up with the school

Stacef

I bet you can get good cheese out there. I've seen the commercials...something about happy California cows...oh wait, Stace you are on the Mississippi...I forgot about the lack of happy cow commercials out that way. Inferior cattle=inferior cheese. eh, that is what Sargentos is for.

Hahaha, you know, when I saw the commercial about happy cows in California. I was SOOO lost!! Wisconsin..right around the corner about a mile, is KNOWN for it's, I guess..happy cows! haha. But Cali? I didn't know there was grass there...just CEMENT! hahah. :snshne:

thelastmucci

the happy cows kinda threw me a bit when I first saw the commerical but you guys know what cali's nickname is don't you...."the land of fruit and nuts" Now more than ever...speaking of which did anyone here watch the Oscars..it was my first one and I thought it was defanitley not worth the hype E! promised.

SJS

Hahaha, you know, when I saw the commercial about happy cows in California. I was SOOO lost!! Wisconsin..right around the corner about a mile, is KNOWN for it's, I guess..happy cows! haha. But Cali? I didn't know there was grass there...just CEMENT! hahah. :snshne:

We have grass - it's just that too many people grow the not so legal kind!!! I personally have the legal kind it's just kinda brownish and full of weeds!! No cows though!! If you've ever driven the I 15 through Chino you'd smell lots of 'happy cows'...

Stacef

We have grass - it's just that too many people grow the not so legal kind!!! I personally have the legal kind it's just kinda brownish and full of weeds!! No cows though!! If you've ever driven the I 15 through Chino you'd smell lots of 'happy cows'...

Hahaha, I bet your farms though, are NOTHING compared to here, or any midwest. Gag :dead: Anyways, And the people that are growing the.. not so legal kind, gives YOU a job! Woo hoo! :colorful:

SJS

Could i come Steph? even though i have no idea what you guys are talking about with the cheese and toothpicks? lol
NOOOOOOOO Stace already has 100 posts!

We're talking adult beverages and you are WAY too young for that stuff!!! But you can come join the party :laughroll

SJS

Hahaha, I bet your farms though, are NOTHING compared to here, or any midwest. Gag :dead: Anyways, And the people that are growing the.. not so legal kind, gives YOU a job! Woo hoo! :colorful:

True - very true!!!

SJS

I bet you can get good cheese out there. I've seen the commercials...something about happy California cows...oh wait, Stace you are on the Mississippi...I forgot about the lack of happy cow commercials out that way. Inferior cattle=inferior cheese. eh, that is what Sargentos is for.

I buy Tillamook cheese from Oregon - go figure!!!

Lily

Hello from California ! Question for anyone, what is the best way to sell a used tank so that an upgrade to a larger tank can take place ? I have a 125 gal fresh water tank which I want to sell & would like to upgrade my 24 gal AquaPod reef to a larger reef ready tank. I am sure somebody in here has gone through this before right ?

Stacef

Try selling it on Craigslist/Ebay/local clubs On HERE! Newspaper, it all works for the right price. :bigbounce Oh and welcome!

Most lfs hate dealing with used tanks.They will give you almost nothing for them.Even though there is a healthy used market out there dont expect to get even 1/3 of what you paid for it.Since it has been used as a fresh water tank abd there is a chance copper may have been used in it you may have a hard time selling it to someone for salt water.I would look for a local market for the tank as most shippers charge high dollar to ship tanks.Good luck.

emccullough1

Old enough to know the cheese goes on the toothpick! lol
1 & 4.

Sorry I'm so late getting in here. I took a day off. But to the point I hate to say it but I have grate-grandkids older then that. I guess you can figure what my kids and grandkids like to do in there spare time.

Lily

That's pretty funny :) I got the tank for my birthday :) I don't expect to get much for the used tank but even alittle bit helps toward a new one. I think it would make a great frag tank . I am ready for a change and need a bigger reef tank . I have not used copper in this freshwater tank since I had a hospital tank set up for that. Thanks for the suggestions everyone..

SJS

Hello from California ! Question for anyone, what is the best way to sell a used tank so that an upgrade to a larger tank can take place ? I have a 125 gal fresh water tank which I want to sell & would like to upgrade my 24 gal AquaPod reef to a larger reef ready tank. I am sure somebody in here has gone through this before right ?

I agree with the e-bay idea. I bought my 90 gallon on e-bay. Some tips if listing it - put your city, I searched for tanks within a certain distance of my house. List whether it's glass or acrylic, put - no copper used, size, and if it's drilled or not... just my 2cents!!! (or keep it and use it for a sump or fuge for the new tank you get!!)

Lily

Although I would love to keep it just does not work out with the new remodel. Changing the livingroom layout and large rectangular tank just does not work :( Thanks for the reminder to list details when trying to sell this tank.
I think I will drag it out to the front yard and put a for sale sign on it this weekend :)

plecosword

Lily, Were from California are you from? You are tempting me!, I would love to have a 125g! that is pretty big

tbittner

Although I would love to keep it just does not work out with the new remodel. Changing the livingroom layout and large rectangular tank just does not work :( Thanks for the reminder to list details when trying to sell this tank.
I think I will drag it out to the front yard and put a for sale sign on it this weekend :)

OH NO!!!

What if it rains??? :D