Kay's RSM 250 White Pearl

Camille

I love your sprinkler system! I could do with one for the vege garden too! Thanks heaps for sharing - photos/vids are great!

RSM250PEARL

Camille said:
I love your sprinkler system! I could do with one for the vege garden too! Thanks heaps for sharing - photos/vids are great!

Thank you :D I've modded it further since, but haven't had time to take pics yet.

RSM250PEARL

:confused:

Did I at sone point say that my system was loud and that I couldn't live with it? I may have complained about the noise from previous tanks with hang on skimmers etc but I haven't said anything negative about my 250 - actually I love it.

RSM250PEARL

Overdue update on the Pearl:

I have changed the setup for my SeaGel reactor so it is no longer fed by pump no.1 as the output flow was minimal after going thru the reactor. The reactor is now fed from its own pump (NewJet 1200) and sits above pump.1 as I had initially set it up when toying with using it for Purigen.

The sprinkler system for my ATO has been cut to the media chamber and RHS chamber only as there is enough surface agitation in the LFS chamber from the reactor.

I have also made a small spray bar which washes over my dosing lines when the ATO comes on to prevent build up at the end of the tubes. Thanks for the idea of a spray bar pointing at the ATO lines Steve!

I have my ATO running behind the dosing tubes to keep the sump clean but the ends of the tubes still get some buildup, so I'm thinking your sprinkler might do the trick in keeping both clean.

The spray bar has 4 holes which spray over the dosing lines and 2 underneath which point directly at the water surface in this chamber.

DSCF0846.jpg

On a positive note, I got this Fungia and blue Mini Maxi a couple of weeks ago but the MM has been on the move a lot unlike the other two I have so I’ve had to wait for her to re-appear before I could get a picture.

DSCF0848.jpg

DSCF0849.jpg

And on a negative note I have what appears to be Dinoflagellates starting out in patches all accross my sand but without the bubbles!?

DSCF0851.jpg

I don’t get it, nitrates are 0 and phosphates are at 0.08 (RS Algae Control). I had pure white sand not long ago, come to think of it until I started dosing red seas reef energy A & B products. This might be where the excess nutrients are coming in because I know I don’t over feed.

I’ve replaced SeaGel and Purigen anyway so we’ll see what happens…

I need to do away with the RS test kits too, I trust them no more since switching to Salifert for Mg, Ca & Alk and they’re much more consistent than the RS test kits and less faffing around. (I still use the glass vials with the titrator for Salifert test kits tho)

Salifert No3 and Po4 test kits on shopping list soon as I come back from my hollie jollies (that’s vacation folks) lol :D

Sorry for picture qualities, I kinda rushed em’ :scram:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice mod and new coral additions! I wonder if it is the Reef Energy feeding the stuff on the substrate. Enjoy the upcoming vacation!

RSM250PEARL

Reefmack said:
Nice mod and new coral additions! I wonder if it is the Reef Energy feeding the stuff on the substrate. Enjoy the upcoming vacation!

Thanks Terry. You're supposed to dose it daily but I only dose it every couple of days. Going to stop altogether to see if it helps. Looking forward to the vacation, and not at the same time. I'm very nervous about leaving the tank but it should be in good hands.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Have an awesome holiday Kay, i've almost forgotten what they're like. Going anywhere special?

RSM250PEARL

nanoreefing4fun said:
Pretty new corals ! Happy Holidays - vacation here :)

Thank you Glenn :)

lethal said:
Have an awesome holiday Kay, i've almost forgotten what they're like. Going anywhere special?

Actually yes Leigh, I'm going back home to North Cyprus for the first in a few years but it's also going to be our first proper family holiday so me and my wife are really looking forward to spending quality time with our kids. It's going to be a memorable one that's for sure, captured by lots of piccies!

steved13 said:
The spray bar looks great. I'll have to get some fittings and do the same.

It works great too Steve, no buildup or blockages on the dosing tube ends. Btw are you using the vessels I sent you on the new tank?

Tokalosh

Nice mod with the spray bar, I'll keep this in mind when I install mine.

Have a great holiday, be safe.

Tok