Karly Boys Radion G3 Install on RSM 250

KarlyBoy

Thought these might be useful, So these are 2 x Radion G3 Pro with Wide Angle Lens for Wider coverage, because the lights are close to surface, Used the Reflector to mount them using the Hanging M5 bolts that came with them.

Left the RSM Fans in place and have them blowing across the Radions to provide AirFlow, the PAR levels even with the Wide Angle Lens fitted are still up in the 900's just below Surface at 60% acclimation

unu8asu8.jpg
y9a3y9y2.jpg
yhahama4.jpg
sesu7ury.jpg
sajepeju.jpg
2ysyvyny.jpg
9emejude.jpg
y8e4epe4.jpg
udugamaz.jpg
y4yva3am.jpg
6y5une4u.jpg
bu8yhyva.jpg

be9u4yty.jpg

rupu7ahe.jpg
a5u4edad.jpg
vatequha.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
Very nice.

Did you consider removing the reflector? I removed mine so I could raise my Radions higher in the hood and allow for more a little more room for air circulation. I used mending strips to build supports out from the existing reflector brackets. I used stainless washers to raise the mending strips up. I also added the additional fans like you did.

KarlyBoy

Very nice.

Did you consider removing the reflector? I removed mine so I could raise my Radions higher in the hood and allow for more a little more room for air circulation. I used mending strips to build supports out from the existing reflector brackets. I used stainless washers to raise the mending strips up. I also added the additional fans like you did.

I did think about it, but thought it would make an easy mounting point for Radions

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Beautiful tank - corals & fish - great vid ! click on the little Film Strip Icon & add your url there ;)

[video=youtube;t3a4ywe2NO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3a4ywe2NO4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I did think about it, but thought it would make an easy mounting point for Radions

I just wanted more room for air circulation. I left the mounting strips that the reflector mounted to used for the mounting point. I used the mending strips to run from the back of the light to those strips.
I do like the look of yours.

KarlyBoy

Tank looks fantastic, how many fish?

Too many really, I have 9 Chromis in there, plus assorted others, as a result I keep right on top of water changes! and the filtration! I manage to keep NO3PO4 at around .25 & 0.02 respectively, I do about 40% a week in water change. No aggression issues with the fish (Chromis slowly weeding themselves out)

KarlyBoy

Beautiful tank - corals & fish - great vid ! click on the little Film Strip Icon & add your url there ;)

Apologies for that, I post from Tapatalk, and it doesn't give me the option.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
No Apologies needed only a tip - Try this it will works the same :dance:
video]xxxxyoururlherexxx[/video] 1st bracket [ removed so you can see...

the film Icon just adds in this vid syntax

Cheers Mate :clink: