Just starting out

Burge1983

Hi all, first time post...hoping for input and advice and to share my planned build. This will be my first salt water tank, just recently purchased a Red Sea Max 130d tank and cabinet, that had been stripped out. My plan to refit this is;

Tunze 9001 skimmer and the inTank media basket from Charterhouse
Replacement pump (the rsm upgrade one)
Vortech mp10 wavemaker
Evergrow d2120 led light setup (will this suffice for soft and LPS coral??)

Given the smallish size of the tank I'd really like to get a good coral setup going to offset the low livestock numbers. Fish-wise I'm thinking a pair of clowns; sand sifting goby and undecided on anything additional (ideas would be most welcome). Also would like to have a couple of fire shrimp (what else CUC would be good?). I'll start posting pics once I'm ready to put it all together

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

I like snails for cuc

googling the light... I see they use bridgelux leds... these should work for soft corals & lps corals, but they are a "no name" Chinese brand from what I read in this post - if interested...
Steve's LED PAR value in RSM 250

Brock0019

StevesLEDs are awesome. Tech support is top knotch if you have any questions or issues. Really you cant go wrong with ordering from them.

for the clowns, do you plan to get an anemone for them to host?

Desmond

Welcome to the forum :) I have a 130d myself but have modified it some :)
Evergrow d2120 led light setup is fine for lighting. I have taken the top off mine and put a radion xr15w pro with wide angel lens on. I had the Tunze 9001 and intank media rack but have now changed them out and gone for a sump.Some snails are always good to have on the clean up crew . I waited over 2 months before i added any fish just had a few snails and hermits and some soft corals at the start.
A good investment also will be an auto top off unit to keep a stable water level in back sump compartment for the skimmer to work well. Make sure and flag me when you get a thread going :) Look forward to seeing your taank setup :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
@Brock0019 +1 ^

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie: