Jose's Thread, You know he needs one

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Beautiful fish! Congrats on keeping him so long!

How long have you had it exactly?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Hey, exploding clam, Gary could only wish to wear the blue spots!:lol: I think some tatooing is in order!

michael_cb_125

I will try to post more stuff tommorow but my tank will be arriving so it may be ard. But I can say that he will be the first fish in, thenmay be a girl-BSJF for him to play with. I want a BSJF Sanctuary.

michael_cb_125

"I will TRY" LOL
Jose had been doing very ell lately. He is so darn curious. I oke up yesteray to find him at the other end of the tank(lights still out). I had moved some corals the day before, and I guess he was just checking everything out. He is my little baby.

I just ot some egg crate for my new tank. To keep him from jumping out. He used to not jump at al. but in the last few weeks he has been jping occasionally. I think that it is due to the fact that he is feeling too comfortable. I think that he gets restless in his side, so now he ventures over to the other. Luckily he does dot do a full leap, just more of a surface skim, but It still makes me nervous.
He wil love his new 240 gallon palace.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Michael, my Dotty jumped through the egg crate. She would also do the surface skimming jump. IMO, you are flirting with disaster if all you have is egg crate. It is my experience that if they can find a way out, they will eventually end up on the floor.

Craig Manoukian

Is the BSJF jumping a flight response or part of their behavior? Would nylon screen over the egg crate be the way to go?

bluespotjawfish

That better not be Jose's girlfriend!

Craig - I think they jump for flight, but also for fun. If you were a fish and could jump, wouldn't you be jumping for joy if you got to live with Michael or Scott? lol! I really like my window screen frame with the garden pond netting. It is holding up really well. I tried to wrap it in the egg crate and you can do that, but this window frame was easier than doing that. It is also next to invisible once it is on the tank and gives it a nice clean look.

michael_cb_125

I agree with Lorraine. I thin that the little guys like to jump. Jose has NO reason to be scared, o why would he jump other than fun/boredom. I think when he gets into his new tank he will really enjoy the 30 inch depth. Plus he will be given a DSB to play in. And yes She with be Jose's Girlfriend. He is lonely for a woman blue spot.LOL