Jose's Thread, You know he needs one

michael_cb_125

Well, I have tons of pictures of my favorite fish. I got him April 26th. Yesterday was our 6th anniversary. When I first got him he was very shy.
DSC00981.jpg

It was almost impossible to get a picture of him.
He ate the very first day I got him, I would pour some mysis shrimp near his burrow and he woul come right out and eat, at warp speed.LOL

He was very curous but hesitant to see me at the same time.
DSC00975.jpg

michael_cb_125

After about two days I found that he was a very curoius fish. He wanted to know what eveything in the tank was...he just didnt want me to know that he did it. I would walk into the room to find a bright blue flash. Bam he was back in his burrow.
That WAS his safe place. He did not want anything near his burrow.
DSC01054.jpg

Hulio my PBT was the king of the tank, but after Jose was introduced, that all changed.

michael_cb_125

He decided to buld hs burrow, right beside my Big Red Brain. Which I had to prop up so that he did not bury it with sand. I had always heard that Jawfish were messy fish that threw sand everywhere. This is not true. BSJF are very tidy when it comes to there burrows.
DSC01004.jpg

Jose is constantly cleaning his little house. If he poops in it, he carries the poo to the other end of the tank. He is my little house keeper.

michael_cb_125

Mmmmmm FOOD.
DSC01064.jpg

Thats one thing that Jose has never been shy about.....FOOD.
He like all kinds of grub. Mysis shrimp, krill, table shrimp, silversides, any big meaty food. Processed food just will not do for this picky little fish.
DSC01060.jpg

He is always on the look out for food. After the first week he knew exactly when dinner time was.

Gina

RS STAFF
He's sooooo cute!
By this time next year, I hope to have one along with a couple of ponies!

michael_cb_125

I have to admit when I first got my first BSJF, I was very nervous. I just knew that this beautiful little fish would die on me. Then the Earth would be down one more of these litle jewels, and I would be out 150 bucks.
But I did everything I knew to do to make Jose as comfortable as possible. I dedicated an entire side of my tank for him so that when he arrived he would be a happy little Blue Spot.
This is his little rubble pile:
DSC01282.jpg

This is what I made for him:
He had a little merulina ledge, and plenty of rock to push around
DSC01282.jpg

I was told that he probably would not go where I wanted him to, but he did. He build his burrow right under the Merulina coral ledge.

Gina

RS STAFF
Ha! Ha! Neat video! Looks like he tried to taste your finger also!
Looks like he's still a little intimidated with the tang.

bluespotjawfish

Great pics and stories about Jose! The frown cracked me up! This is going to be the thread to watch!

:bluenod: :yup: :bluenod: :yup: :bluenod: :yup: :bluenod: :yup: :bluenod: