JJ's My Reef saga

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Well gang lets get this thing going. For those that don't know, a LFS near me is closing down. The owner called me and said to get my rear over and he'd sell me whatever I could use. I ran down to his shop a committed to all his new tanks on hand, a 6' frag tank that was running and a bunch of other goodies. I then called my landlord and rented retail space right next to the store I already own. So at the moment I am ordering equipment in for the new store and working on framing for frag tanks. I don't intend to open to the public anytime soon but continue to work on the online side of the business. I may open to the public down the road but I'm keeping the situation very dynamic at the moment. Funds are tight right now so I'm going to peace meal this thing together and upgrade as I can but one thing I will not skimp on is water quality.

So here is the store front. You can see my other business on the left (yellow door), the right is the new space(red door):
store1.JPG

This space is very tight, about 10'X50' (it's a fraction of the size of my other shop). Last night we came up with some rough plans for frag tanks on the right hand side of the store. We are building a 24' cabinet which is going to be 3' high. That leaves us plenty of space underneath for sumps.
store2.JPG

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looks like a good, small, space to start with! Don't be surprised if you have random people stop into your new store asking to buy corals. It looks like a great location for foot traffic... :D

bjasontoups

Looks good jj. . .good luck with the new addition. As soon as I get my tank chemistry in check i will visit your website and order some LPS frags.

J

dmatt88

Well it's about time we get a jj thread. Buddy I'm checking on plane tickets........ sounds like an investment I'd make. Keep up the great work pal. U have quite a following and rightfully so. Kudos.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Congrats JJ.... Talk is cheap but you're putting your money where your mouth is (no pun intended). By focusing on quality, you'll be set up for success. I, like many other members, have been soliciting your site to local people in my area so hopefully you will get some steady business.

Very happy to see you taking it to the next level!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Spent the evening between lowes and framing up the 24' table/stand. We hope to have it done by this weekend since we have to pick up a 6' frag tank this weekend that is currently full of coral.

dmatt88

Plenty of time buddy. Just choose that location wisely cause in a few months when ur full again ur not gonna want to move it!

yankieman

This is going to be an awesome build ,, great looking store front JJ , I foresee and open for business sign on that red door someday in the not so distant future,,

dmatt88

How bout jjreeferman? Call the store sunken treasures n take gold dubloons n sink them in the tanks. Haha. Sorry had to interject my humor.