JJ's BIG - 125 gallon Upgrade

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
JJ, I want to add a few more colorful things to my tank. Right now its nice but a bit to brown. (frogs are brown with green tips and over the last few days I see some tips going purple for some reason). some zoas, xenias etc. I would like to pick something that will pop under my lights (RSM 130D). Any suggestions? I would like a really nice GSP, but I want something that is nice and bright or something else.

but I can at least say that my frogs are starting to grow new babies. Woo hoo! Probably to get the color up its some trace mineral or something, but right now I just like seeing them healthy and probagating.

Chris

Well we have GSP and it's nice. Pavona are really nice under blue lights (I have a couple I fragged last week). We also have quite a few zoas that can really give a tank some color (watermellons, eagle eyes..). I'm out of mango passion zoas right now and they really added a zest of color.

I have something coming in that will really pop under the right lights. I have one in my tank and whenever somebody comes by they always ask if its for sale. I have to tell them no since it's the only one I have. Well I have some coming in tomorrow. I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag but hopefully tomorrow I can get some pics up for all to see.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Here a couple of pics of stuff on grow out. You'll see these one the website in a few weeks.

SPS section:
jwox21.JPG

Acan section:
jwox22.JPG

We also have sections for zoas, one for chalices, and a couple for mixed goodies - but these are in areas that are a lot harder to photograph.

aropfor1

Looks awesome jj!! I'm gonna order some acans and zoos from ya as soon as my new tank gets up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I gotta feeling we're going to be having a special on eagle eye zoas in a couple of weeks thanks to my supplier screwing up my order. I'm getting multiple colonies in instead of just one.

aropfor1

Sounds great!! I love the eagle eyes! I am all in :) well... U did say special right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Well they charged me 2.5X the price they had them listed at and then sent me 3X the amount I wanted so we are going to have to run a special on them.

Don't worry Candace, there are some 50 different varieties of eagle eyes so these will likely not be like the ones you have now. Many people sell the different varieties under different names as well so if I call them zippity-do-da zoas you'll have to have them. We'll see what they look like when they come in.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey jj hold me a zippety back please. I'm shy one do da.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
First order arrived today, two boxes of goodies. This just got put into the tanks so I'm waiting for things to open. I talked to them about my invoice since they messed it up and once the goodies arrived noticed a few more OOPS's they made.

1. Matt - got a toadie in for you. Should have one for Dean tomorrow (it's an ORA). You guys can fight over who gets which. Harry shrooms should be in tomorrow as well.
2. Candace - first froggie arrived but it's a wall frogspawn and not a branching (like I ordered). I need to contact them about it since wall frogs are 2-3 times the price of branching.

The eagle eyes have landed and of course they are different. Looks like one colony is greenbay packers, the second looks like it might be wammin watermellons but they aren't fully open yet. I got a bunch of SPS as well. They sent me a couple of ugly green acros (they were supposed to be stylos). Also got some pink stylos, and pink birdsnest. Got a funky cup coral as well, and a surprise for later when I can get a pic of them/if I can get a pic of them - the boss seems to think I should be painting the front living room tonight.

dmatt88

The other dudes wanna order now I wanna wait til The new sump is in. I may end up just ordering twice to keep from angering the masses.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
It's your call, you know I don't have a problem shipping multiple packages. Who's bigger, you or them? The other toadie and fuzzy shrooms won't be until tomorrow so if you want those included earliest I can ship is Monday. I'll try to also post some teaser pics of new stuff on here soon too.

dmatt88

Oh I'd whoop their respective a$$es however I want them to order again! Haha