Jeremy0322's 55 gallon build

Jeremy0322

I contemplated anthias, they are still on the list but im not sure about them. I like regal tangs, but i dont know if i want to do another tang really, and i think cardinalfish are hideous, but thats just my opinion. lol I dont really want anything that nips at corals so the flame angels arent really a viable option either. Ugh, decisions decisions!

plecosword

Cardinals are not hideous you nut! I love them they are cool. At least the Banggai. were would you get the fish? online?
Midas blenny
Blenny
Royal gramma
chromis? they are easy and not really aggressive. they get caught in anemones often though.

Jeremy0322

I cant have an anemone so that doesnt really matter, i just want something with a little more color than chromis i guess, i know i dont have much space and am being freaking picky about this....haha. I was just looking online and found some of these...

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Firefish, Purple

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+1640&pcatid=1640

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Starry Blenny

I was also looking at the longnose butterfly fish but i guess it can like corals and needs a little bigger tank that i have :(

Jeremy0322

I really like those yellow bellied regal tangs though...ugh. Im going to genetically engineer smaller freaking tangs one day, with like 30gallon minimum tank sizes! Make millions!!

nikkipigtails

Yea, i told her that i would take it so now im just waiting for the reply to confirm its mine, then ill start the search for the pump, anyone have any ideas. She threw a few ideas out which all looked really similar, and since she was using these pumps on it they will all work, but i have some time before it goes operational and would like to look at options. Its the skimmer in this thread...
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/drygoods-sale-trade/38623-fs-pumps-beckett-skimmer.html
She mentioned an Iwaki MD55RLT, a Reeflo Tarpon?, and a Mak4, and i looked them all up and look solid. I would be willing to pay a little bit more to get a quiet pump because its going to be close to my bed, and it will be going into a cabinet that is lined with acoustic tiling, she mentioned BigAl's cabinet so if your reading this Al pics of what you are rocking would be awesome! So, if anyone has any other ideas about pumps that would work well for this throw them at me please!

And, I am in the market for 1, maybe 2 small fish just to get a little more action going in the tank. Ideas about what would go nicely in my setup would also be appreciated, and maybe something big. Im considering getting rid of the yellow tang, i have been saying it was coming eventually and after learning more and more about them im starting to feel guilty keeping him in there. So, throw all suggestions about pretty much anything at me and we will see what happens...haha

And i guess it would help if you knew what was in the tank already before suggesting anything...

1 Yellow Tang
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Red Scooter Blenny
1 Blood Red FireShrimp
1 Sand Sifting Star

Can be nothing that eats corals, obviously! haha

The skimmer's yours, Jeremy. I also saw that you were contemplating a shrimpgoby. I had a yellow watchman and tiger pistol shrimp in my 180 and they were SO much fun to watch.

Jeremy0322

WOOOHOOO!! That thing will be a monster for my tank! I think you have a pm Nikki so we can figure out payment and shipping and other stuff like that.

Jeremy0322

Alright people, lets get some activity on this thread. Any pump suggests? Wheres BigAl when I need him, need some plans for a cabinet? More fish suggestions? I have officially deemed this the hot place to be right now lol

Stacef

You say this is the cool place to be right now?

*Grabs chair, cooler, and some BL to chill*

Ok back, Whats up?

:D

Jeremy0322

Ive just been looking for suggestions for fish and advice about pumps for the monster skimmer i just bought, haha. I also need to find BigAl's thread where it talks about him building the sound proof cabinet that he houses his skimmer in. And the BL sounds pretty good right about now....mmm haha

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
dancing-lady.jpg
dancing-lady.jpg
dancing-lady.jpg
dancing-lady.jpg

Here's some activity for you! :lol:

Stacef

Scott, your wife will not appreciate you putting pics up of her like that! :D

Jeremy-As for soundproof cabinets, I have no idea.. I am sorry :(

Jeremy0322

I soundproofed my stand using acoustic cancelling drop ceiling tiled and it did a really good job, i just want to see a few pictures of possibly another method before i get on that job. I have time though, the skimmer wont be here for 10 or so days and i will need it to start making the cabinet. Now im just looking for pump types so i can start shopping for those used, because i dont want to buy new, its going to me much cheaper the used route.

And completely off topic and probably very dumb question, but are you an actual dentist dentoid? im about 99% sure the answer to that is yes but im a curious person...haha