James' RSM250 Thread

jim891217

well i just turned my skimmer on...
i can see some microbubble from the left nozzle which i dont have this problem when the tank is just filled with water....
any idea? maybe give it sometime to break-in?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
No wrong way to proceed (imo) on the skimmer when cycling, I ran mine several hours a day, just to break it in & then turned it off for the 1st 3 weeks & then turned it on all the time. As said above... they take awhile to break in...

imaccat

I ran mine from the start for me to get used to it and to break it in, but as Glenn says there is no wrong way at this stage.

jim891217

today i got diatom bloom, test the water parameter, ammonia at 0.5ppm no2 spikes to 0.25ppm
it's been 9 days into the cycle..
here's the FTS
102491276414154.jpg

here's the blooming diatoms
102491290427243.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Oh that's a good sign.

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

jim891217

yeah~~~finally ammonia and No2 are zero after I moved 20lb of LR from my BC29 four days ago..
moved BTA and pair of clown to the new RSM250 along with 10 snails and 20 hermit crab...
they are doing good so far... should I turn both pump off while I am feeding the fish?

imaccat

I don't turn mine off, it gives my fish some excercise chasing the food around the tank :smirk:

jim891217

yeah~~moved stuffs from Biocube 29 to the rsm250..
new FTS
147914396414594.jpg

also who is in toronto area and would like to buy my used biocube 29 with RapidLED retro fit into the hood and stand please PM me..

jim891217

HELP!!!
I found some black spot on the clownfish...
I have had the fish in my old tank for 6 month and never have any problems..
they are both eating like pig and energetic...wondering if it's black ich? I put some prazipro in the tank, it's been three days and i don't see it's getting better or worse...
and one of my clownfish that i newly introduced turns darker after hosting my BTA..
do you guys think is black ich or it's because the sting from BTA or other corals?