James 180 w/ 40 Wife-tank

Jackalope

Wow here i go. this is going to be a long proccess of a post.

--Main Display Tank--
180 gallon Viewable from 3 sides, 2 koralia #4's running circular loop, 1.5" sandbed for asthetics and sandbed cuc happiness, not near enough LR but some is curing as this is being posted! running a 30gallon'ish fiberglass diy sump with dual skimmers that arent big enough for a full tank, 1- 7" filter sock 200 micron, 30lbs. of spare LR in it. Return loop for this tank is a mag7 pushing about 600 gph. sps's are monti. cap.s only because they tollerate and grow decently under my 8 T5 setup w/o reflectors atm. Im very partial to any australian corals, esp. lords. CPR 1600gph overflow which i wish i had drilled the tank before i set it up. i run 0... Zero... ZERO dosing gear as i only do water changes using Aquavitro Salinity with RO/DI at 0 TDS when calc. hits right at or under 400ppm. then its a 30gallon WC mixing up in a heavy duty rubbermaid trashcan with bulkhead fitting for eas of use. i have a few fish such as 2 gobbies that i dont know the model of =-) and 2 picasso clowns from ora that the wife HAD to have... i know like them very much as they great me when im at my tank and like to get in the camera view when i try to take pics lol. but yes they grew on me. Stand, install, set-up, everything done by me. its is in my garage addition and sits in the wall to the livingroom. my brother built a nice cedar mantle for it from a tree from my back yard that had been dead for eons.

--Wife's 40--
this tank i adopted from a good friend that moved and actually got me into reef keeping. its a 40gallon corner tank that i litterally stripped down, resealed, polished, rebulk-headed, and built a custom rack for the 2 t5' w/ dual NO T5 actinics. i removed all my corals that hated any kind of flow such as some zoanthids and of coarse her prize fox coral which nearly fills the tank when its fully opened now. i cut a TON of LR in half using an 8" masonary saws-all blade and siliconed it to the back 2 sides of the tank for better asthetics. plus it adds a ton of spots for frags. This tank is plummed from the main 30 gallon sump and fed by a mag3. Of course custom stand etc. etc., i do everything myself as i trust in no one to do anything for me... call it stuborn lol.

i cant think of anything else atm and the fingers are already tired. but thats what happens when you crush them all with a manhole cover!

i have pics on my wall, but not sure how to view them as another member.

Jackalope

Jackalope

yeah i cant get pics to a post. it simply wont let me. esp. when my pics are 1.8Mb. i resize them down and they are so small you cant see them at 50K

Jackalope

oooh now i have to figure out flikr. never used it. good thing i dont do anything all day. like arnold said "Allll be bock!"

jpsika08

Awesome setup James! congrats, you got some beautiful corals over there.
I couldn't find any IMG Code for pasting here and show the tank in the post.

Photobucket is easier on this :)