It's spring time, let's see some OT pics...

gumhead

2Img0005_0001.jpg

wildcat

Another interesting and easy trick for creating black backgrounds is to take a translucent white fabric (or diffusing disk) and shade the background.

Exposue for the main subject. How dark the background goes is solely dependent upon the exposure difference between the main subject and the shaded background.

With slide film, it has 2 stops latitude, with negative film there's about 7. Play with the differences in exposure for some creative choices.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
What happened to gumheads pics? I missed them....

Great shots Nikki, that last one is a rival for Drew's first pic in this thread ;)

Drew, don't do that man, I think I broke my arm falling out of the chair....

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Nevermind, Gumheads pics loaded that time, truely awesome!!!

For about a week straight, I kept seeing a bald eagle on my way to work, just sitting in a tree on the side of the road, couple times I just stopped and looked at it for five or ten minutes and then continued to drive home. After a week or so, I started carrying my camera to work with me, and haven't seen it since, go figure.

TDEVIL

Originally posted by reefrunner
Nevermind, Gumheads pics loaded that time, truely awesome!!!

For about a week straight, I kept seeing a bald eagle on my way to work, just sitting in a tree on the side of the road, couple times I just stopped and looked at it for five or ten minutes and then continued to drive home. After a week or so, I started carrying my camera to work with me, and haven't seen it since, go figure.

LOL, i miss living in Florida and your not making it any easier, lol

the wind has played a number on my flowers, i came home from work, thought the iris's were blooming, nope, the tulips are a bit wind damaged, darn tulips

i will try to get some pics of some thins one of these days :)

Jay

reefrunner

Contributing Member
i will try to get some pics of some thins one of these days

Vacation starts Sat...right? We want some good old fashioned touristy vacation photos!!! LOL, I saw a buddy of mine while I was at the pier shooting the pelicans, she asked me what I was doing and I told her I was taking tourist photos, LOL.

TDEVIL

Originally posted by reefrunner
Vacation starts Sat...right? We want some good old fashioned touristy vacation photos!!! LOL, I saw a buddy of mine while I was at the pier shooting the pelicans, she asked me what I was doing and I told her I was taking tourist photos, LOL.

not a problem Kevin

going to Gatlenburg, i will get some pics @ the aquarium for sure, not much for wildlife when there are sharks just a walk away, well, unless i see a bear, that would be cool :)

Jay