It's spring time, let's see some OT pics...

reefrunner

Contributing Member
On our way to the grocery store this morning, I pulled along the side of the road and took pics of some of the flowers growing wild in the ditches. It was kinda windy but I think they came out pretty good note to self...do not attempt to crawl in the ditches in sandels...my feet itch!!

DSCF0599.jpg

DSCF0603.jpg

DSCF0605.jpg

DSCF0613.jpg

reefrunner

Contributing Member
After leaving the ditches, we came to a field of wild flowers, these suckers litter the sides of the roads in the spring time around here, one of these days I'm gonna remember to take a bucket and a shovels and transplant them to the front yard.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Wildflowers? Last time I saw flowers THAT nice they were in the local store catching $10 per flat! :D

Nice photos Kevin!! :)

ReefLady

Staff member
Sorry for the late response. :)

Kevin nailed it on the flash part. Off-camera flash illuminating the subject from the side, and manual mode since my Canon's E-TTL system likes to think waaay too much. I shot these at like 1/200 @ f/14 or something ridiculous, the flash put out everything it had to illuminate the subject but because it fired from the side did nothing for the background so it was black.

Equipment: 10D, 100 macro, 500D diopter, 1 extension tube, Canon 420EX flash with off-camera flash cord. The part of the OC flash cord that mounts to the flash conveniently has a tripod mount (read: threaded hole) so the flash was on a separate tripod from the camera. Gee, no wonder I paid $50 for a 2-foot wire with a hotshoe at either end. LOL.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
I took a few this morning, the colors could have been better, it was very oercast and about to storm so it's kind of drab and depressing.

DSCF0653.jpg

DSCF0664.jpg

DSCF0665.jpg

The waiting room at the Road Kill Cafe...

DSCF0672.jpg

ah, a table for 1...

DSCF0669.jpg

I'd also like to say for the record...taking pics of buzzards sucks. The smell will gag you, and if you don't move every once in a while, they start to look at you funny.

Last edited:

Curtswearing

Originally posted by reefrunner
I'd also like to say for the record...taking pics of buzzards sucks. The smell will gag you, and if you don't move every once in a while, they start to look at you funny.

LOL!!! It's wondering if you died.

drdrew

i'm in the ozarks...sort of...but this is a little private lake about 50 miles north of lake of the ozarks. that's my dock/yard craig.

love the pelican pics...i think the overcast gloom is a good part of the capture.

i need to skip work today and go take more pictures!!!!!!!!!! you're giving me the bug, kevin!

mick77

Drew, I was curious because we have a place on the 45mm and your location looked like a nice little cove we go to to fish. Here's my pond, which has taken most of my reef time away recently!

drdrew

well..it does look exactly like a miniature lake of the ozarks.

just minus the yahoos and the trash......and the party cove :(

mick77

I know what your talking about! Funny thing is I've been going down there all 26 years and have yet to make it to party cove. We go down to relax, fish, and enjoy not being in the city. Some of the best days to be down there just happen to be M-TH. Awsome property you have there Drew!