It's spring time, let's see some OT pics...

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Thanks, btw, meant to put this in my other post, but was a little self absorbed I guess, LOL.

The scapes look great. I have been struggling with scapes, and these are very nice!

drdrew

thanks, i recently purchased 2 grad filters...blue and tobacco.
as you can see i had some problems with blown out skies.

hopefully the next series will be better....took a few this morning...mist on the lake...i'll get to see them later and i'll post if anything is even marginal!

the landscape is definitely a different animal than what i am used to shooting....but the challenge is fun!

TDEVIL

lets get this going again :)

here is a pic that i actually took, lol

was taking some pics of the dad-n-law's Plymouth and started taking a few others

Jay

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Yeah...that's definitely a macro ;)

Here are three pics of a sunset I took about a week ago.

DSCF2210.jpg

DSCF2211.jpg

DSCF2215.jpg

drdrew

those are awesome kevin!
i love the heron shots. any way to recover any more shadow on the bird?

very cool!

this one got a lot of response on FM from some big wigs...

lidock2.psd.jpg

reefrunner

Contributing Member
I did some highlight recovery on the last pic, I used the flash, which is why it isn't a complete sillouette on the second.

I can see why they liked it, it's very nice. Your daughter has a very serene look on her face to go along with the scene behind her, the sepia works well also.

drdrew

it's got kind of a creepy, horror film feel, contrasted with a sweet smile.
i did some further shadow recovery on your pic number two just to see...would you like me to repost it?

reefrunner

Contributing Member
FWIW, this is the actual pic from the first jpeg conversion, the one posted is a resave of this image, I hadn't realized it had darkened it that much, guess I'm a
schild48.gif

DSCF2211.jpg

reefrunner

Contributing Member
LOL, I guess it matters alot where it's posted...the above image is posted on a site with a black background and it looks alot lighter.

In CMYK rather than monitor RGB, it's pretty light, it prints with lots of detail.

drdrew

not because i think anything is wrong with your picture...but more because i like to play with processing...

here's my take on it.

Cougra

Drdrew, You've done an amazing job lightening up the harron, however I personally think that the beach is a little to light now. Personally I would prefer a cross between the lightened harron, sky, and water and with the original dark beach.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Here is about what it looks like in CMYK, the processing in this pic seems a little OTT for me, but this is about how the bird looks before conversion to jpeg.

DSCF2211.jpg

drdrew

nice dragon fly!
yah, looking back, i think i oversharpenned that heron...the original has much smoother lines..

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Here are a few more I've taken in the last 4-5 days. The pelicans were taken during TS Bonnie's traipse through the panhandle, and the sunset was taken Sun eve, first let up of rain after the hurricane.

DSCF2371.jpg

DSCF2374.jpg

DSCF2395.jpg

DSCF2451.jpg

Rosette Spoonbills, these both printed up real nice ;)

DSCF2404.jpg

DSCF2413.jpg