It's spring time, let's see some OT pics...

Witfull

i have green garters all over here,,,but they here the mower,,,i swear they do...i never see them when i mow....was that a stick?

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Little too much flash on this one, but I thought it was a cool effect.

DSCF1193.jpg

A Pelican Close Up
DSCF1221_cropped.sized.jpg

Couple more Gulls
DSCF1088.jpg

An osprey
DSCF1104_1.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member
I finally busted out the camera today after a long hiatus... here's a cannas from our back yard

3rabbit1web-med.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member
Absolutely fantastic stuff. I think we have the best photographers on the net! Awesome.

ReefLady

Staff member
Okay, warning .... the following pics have no photographic 'quality' whatsoever. :D

Just some weekend fun -- spent Thurs through Monday at the Blessing of the Motorcycles in Colebrook, NH.

First pic -- Don taking second place trophy for the "slow race" (stay within the orange tape, and go the slowest - without putting your feet down, for the longest distance) ....

ReefLady

Staff member
Another second place trophy ... board race. Both wheels on (the board), no feet down. Don did 37 feet.

ReefLady

Staff member
The Blessing itself -- not a great shot; I could have used a wide angle lens. Pretty good turnout -- a few thousand bikes anyway.

This was Don's 23rd year there, and my 15th.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Looks like it's time to dust this old thread off ;)

I took these in my front yard yesterday.

DSCF1762.jpg

DSCF1773.jpg

This one is for maxx :p
DSCF1788.jpg

I got my first pic of an actual bumble bee, LOL, I was going for a better angle on this one when it buzzed off, really ticked me off I didn't get the bee's head.
DSCF1790.jpg

DSCF1775.jpg

DSCF1796.jpg

drdrew

i think i'm seeing some change for the better in your shots RR.
i really like this series, very nice realistic colors...on the bugs, i like the shots where you can see the eyes the best. what lense are you using for your macros?

drdrew

i've been trying to learn landscape photography...still have a lot of room for improvement, but my first attempts are here..

lake1.bmp.jpg

fence-after.jpg

creek3-after.jpg

barbed-after.jpg

reefrunner

Contributing Member
i think i'm seeing some change for the better in your shots RR.

If you don't mind...in what way? I have been concentrating on composition lately, but other things as well.

what lense are you using for your macros?

All of these were taken with close up filters, with the exception of the flower (taken in macro) and the frog (also taken in macro). All others were a Hoya +4 and +2 CU lens stacked.

As always thank you for your kind comments.

drdrew

you said it...the composition is very nice on these...and also something about the tecnique, just is more pleasing.

good exposure, natural colors....good focus and DOF...what can I say?

the only nitpick i had was the shot of the bee where you can't see his eyes....and that is likely just preference...