Is This Hitchhiker Detrimental?

Roots

Saw this guy for the first time recently. Don't know what kind of Nudibranch? it is? Is it bad and if so what should I do to remedy this situation?

These were the best pics I could get. It's pretty small.
roots-albums-hitchhikers-picture23670-unidentified-nudibranch.jpg

roots-albums-hitchhikers-picture23669-unidentified-nudibranch.jpg

fishguy4

i wanna say its a nudibranch but the pic is gard to tell it almost looks like a majano nem too. Has it moved? It could be a little aiptasia nudi or possibly one that eats sponges or coral.

Rule of thumb for hitchhikers: If you don't know what it is, take it out until you do

Roots

i wanna say its a nudibranch but the pic is gard to tell it almost looks like a majano nem too. Has it moved? It could be a little aiptasia nudi or possibly one that eats sponges or coral.

Rule of thumb for hitchhikers: If you don't know what it is, take it out until you do
It moves around for sure. It's not a nem I have some Mojano nems and even an aiptasia so I know what they look like. I have seen what I think are some kind of flat worms in the fuge, and this thing looks like a little red caterpillar of sorts. It has what look like 2 antennae and little ruffle looking protrusions from it's back. I'll try and nab it out of the tank if I see it where I can grab it with some tweezers or suck it up in the feeding baster maybe.

Roots

Maybe these pics will help. I sucked him up in my feeding baster and put him in my measuring glass.
roots-albums-hitchhikers-picture23672-unidentified-nudibranch.jpg

roots-albums-hitchhikers-picture23671-unidentified-nudibranch.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ya its a nudi. Good? Hell if I know.

........... we cut living things into pieces. sheez

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Yup that's a nudi. There are different kinds but to be safe I wouldn't put him back. I haven't seen one that color before so I don't know for sure.

Doogle

Man your tank has all kinds of goodies huh? You can send it to me I have a hungry puffer that loves to try new things!

Roots

Man your tank has all kinds of goodies huh? You can send it to me I have a hungry puffer that loves to try new things!
You have no idea! There are so many different critters in there it's insane! When new people come over they will sit and stare at it forever asking what's that?, what's that?, what's that? :yup: :smoking:

steved13

PREMIUM
I think most of them are bad. That one looks like either a Zoa or an anemone predator to me.

Roots

I think most of them are bad. That one looks like either a Zoa or an anemone predator to me.
when I first noticed him, he was on my orange zoas and they have all been closed up for a day or two. He is cute though. I wonder if he's to blame for the loss of some of my new ricordeas and a couple other mushrooms that just mysteriously died? :confused: