Is my starfish hungry?

ASH

My serpent star came all the way out from underneath his rock today twice. I figured he was hungry so i gave him some mysis shrimp (squirted some right by his body). then he went back under the rock. Weird. This is only the 3rd time i've seen him come out while the lights are on. Could it be because he's hungry or what?

framerguy

Yes he is. Try giving him a whole krill or a 1/2 silverside to keep him happy. It's fun, he'll actually take it from your hand.

ASH

Yes he is. Try giving him a whole krill or a 1/2 silverside to keep him happy. It's fun, he'll actually take it from your hand.

What's silverside? Do you mean take a whole krill cube and put it down there by him?

lcstorc

Thaw the krill first but yes he can have bigger food.
Silversides are kind of like minnows and krill is just shrimp.
Depending on the size of the star they can eat pretty decent size pieces.

framerguy

Buy some whole frozen krill, they are little shrimp about 1"long. many things like it, including brain , mussa, and elegance coral, shrimp and starfish, and carnivorous snails.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Serpents are know to be able to smell food the will come out for it or if they get hungry the will come in search of food

ASH

Ok my starfish is out again tonight in the light....last night he came out twice in the light and i directly fed him. Is he starving???

cioutlaw

Mine comes out everytime I feed. Sometimes when I have my hand in the tank it will grab a finger.

Kazzy

Try feeding him every other day. If you feed him too much, he will grow real fast and may try to go after your fish once he's big enough to fit them in his mouth.

ASH

LOL he doesn't have me trained....the night b4 last was the first night I ever fed him directly. And I only fed him then because I was freaking out thinking he was starving. haha :)

BEELZEBOB

ash you have the greatest posts of all time.

there is nothing insignificant in this girls tank.

i can see a post of your in the future: "about 24 of my pods look unhappy, what should i do?"

ASH

ROTFLMAO!!!!! OK "DUDE"

I swear sometime I think I'm OCD. When I get my head into something I go crazy. I want everything to be perfect. I freak out easily!!!! I don't see how Ben puts up with me.

Thanks bob I needed that LMAO too funny!!!!!

BEELZEBOB

thats just great. some lil lady all concerned about her lil starfishy.

he comes out a waves so you hop up and go get him food.

you need a mantis shrimp. you two could spend all day trying to figure exactaly what the hell the other is doing